- Roanoke, VA
The Procurement Coordinator will work closely with the Packaging Manager, Supply Chain Manager, and Brewing Manager to coordinate the procurement of all materials necessary for packaging and brewing operations
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Run Inventory Analysis tools in SAP/OBEER and build recommended raw material orders for review by Packaging and Brewing Managers
- Send purchase order and inventory transfer request to vendors, track physical receipt and SAP accounting of PO's and escalate issues to Packaging Manager and Manager of Brewing
- Work with Warehouse, Brewing, and Packaging team to verify raw materials storage areas are organized for all locations
- Help with long term raw procurement by looking for forecast vs floor inventory and coordinating with vendors to ensure timely delivery
- Work with warehouse and brewing team to inspect and verify that the goods and services were delivered in the specified quantity
- Monitor vendor performance. Work with vendors to improve vendor performance based on key areas identified by Supply Chain Manager
- Manage total cost of ownership of raw materials, to include purchase price, transportation, quality, inventory holding, and disposal
- Coordinating with accounting team to set up new vendors, ensuring all necessary paperwork is complete to ensure timely delivery of supplies
- Establish Bill of Materials for new products
Skills & Abilities
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office including strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving mindset and ability to negotiate
- Ability to work across departments
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business, or related field is preferred
- 2+ years of experience in supply chain management is preferred
The story about Devils Backbone Brewing Company goes like this. Years ago, our founders, Steve and Heidi Crandall, were on a ski trip in the Alps when they tried their first craft beer, a German Weisse at a brewpub.
So to satisfy their thirst for a local haunt that served craft European-style beers, they started a whole brewery complete with a full-on brewpub for locals and visitors. It became a place where folks could drink and tell stories about their time on the trail or ski slope, or all of the above.
They named it Devils Backbone, the same name some brave surveyors, including Thomas Jefferson's dad, Peter, called this hard-to-summit mountain region almost 300 years ago. Kinda poetic, right?
In 2016 Devils Backbone Brewing Company was acquired by Anheuser-Busch. Since then, we've continued to brew award-winning beers that we're proud of, as well as share our beers with more beer friends than ever before!
Well there's your history, and here's a bit of our philosophy: we think being slow by nature is of mighty importance. It's why we take our time brewing our lagers and it's why we're smack dab in the middle of the Blue Ridge Mountains. If you're ever in Virginia, we'd love for you to stop by the brewery and have a beer with us.
Back to top