Office Manager- Devils Backbone Brewing Company- Lexington, VA
- Roanoke, VA
- The Office Administrator oversees the daily operations of the office environment including administrative and support services in addition to assisting the Senior Management team with administrative type functions in a wide variety of situations.
- Office Functionality
- Maintains office services through planning, procurement, and implementation of office equipment and systems.
- Office supply inventory is maintained and replenished based on usage trends.
- Provides outgoing mail and shipping services including preparation of packages and maintenance of mail equipment, postage, and supplies.
- Responsible for maintenance and appearance of all common areas including meeting preparation (set-up/breakdown) and provides support for office-wide events and/or celebrations.
- Responsible for Reception. As the first point of contact for visitors, reception must be maintained in a welcoming and professional appearance. Incoming calls, mail, and fax correspondence is screened and directed to appropriate associates.
- Maintains office efficiency by developing procedures and policies for office activities such as supply procurement and distribution, mail distribution, cafeteria services, and other needs as they arise.
- Senior Management Support, specifically the People Department
- Duties performed by this position involve access to a variety of information that is confidential or sensitive in nature therefore good judgment, discretion and professionalism is required at all times. Assist Senior Management by providing support in a wide variety of duties, including but not limited to:
- Scheduling and maintaining calendars, making travel and meeting arrangements, preparing and or editing documents, project based work, and balancing complex priorities and deadlines
- Coordinates and oversees hiring process, which includes position advertising, recruiting, and interview scheduling
- Ensures new hire paperwork is complete and processed
- Manages timely onboarding of new hires related to uniforms, hardware, benefits, email, and system access
- Assists in coordination of open enrollment and annual engagement programs and initiatives
- Prepares and updates employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting, and terminating
- May operate in the field occasionally to understand the business and function challenges
- Management of the Devils Backbone Fleet which requires vendor relationship management and is a point of contact for DB company car drivers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 1-2 years office management experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication, and customer service skills
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Must be flexible, adapt to change easily, and able to exercise independent discretion on matters of significance
- HR interest preferred
So to satisfy their thirst for a local haunt that served craft European-style beers, they started a whole brewery complete with a full-on brewpub for locals and visitors. It became a place where folks could drink and tell stories about their time on the trail or ski slope, or all of the above.
They named it Devils Backbone, the same name some brave surveyors, including Thomas Jefferson's dad, Peter, called this hard-to-summit mountain region almost 300 years ago. Kinda poetic, right?
In 2016 Devils Backbone Brewing Company was acquired by Anheuser-Busch. Since then, we've continued to brew award-winning beers that we're proud of, as well as share our beers with more beer friends than ever before!
Well there's your history, and here's a bit of our philosophy: we think being slow by nature is of mighty importance. It's why we take our time brewing our lagers and it's why we're smack dab in the middle of the Blue Ridge Mountains. If you're ever in Virginia, we'd love for you to stop by the brewery and have a beer with us.
Back to top