MGR., BSC - FINANCE, TAX
- St. Louis, MO
Provide leadership and guidance to a tax team focused on excise taxes for the Macro breweries, Craft breweries, and Wholesaler business groups of Anheuser Busch-InBev. Drive the execution of business priorities within the excise tax team by providing the team proper support and direction to achieve key business objectives while ensuring compliance at all times.
- Responsible for preparation and filing of excise tax returns, management of excise tax audits and government inquiries
- Responsible for reviewing Sales & Use Tax returns for Craft breweries
- Responsible for monthly financial close, journal entries, accrual calculations, and related documentation
- Ensure compliance to internal controls, standards, and regulations (Excise Tax - Federal and State guidelines, SOX, IFRS etc.)
- Act as the escalation point for internal and external customers including business unit management to resolve issues
- Proven experience analyzing complex issues, documenting and presenting findings, and recommendations to senior management
- Ability to drive excise tax structure with integration of new business initiatives and demands without an existing process
- Project management for multiple inflows/process improvements efforts
- Lead and drive process improvement and change management initiatives
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- 3+ years accounting experience
- 2+ years leading less complex business projects
- Understanding of the different TTB regulations around beer, cider, wine, and distilled spirits
- Understanding of various Sales & Use Tax state rules/regulations
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize work, delegate responsibilities, and manage processes
- Ability to influence others to meet business objectives and drive process improvements
- Manage outsourced work scope, including the ability to review and/or provide support for tasks completed by offshore resources
- Experience with MS Office Suite including advanced proficiency with Excel
- Proficiency with SAP or similar ERP systems
For more than 165 years, Anheuser-Busch has been woven into the cultural fabric of the United States, carrying on a legacy of brewing great-tasting, high-quality beers that have satisfied beer drinkers for generations. Today, we own and operate 23 breweries, 20 distributorships and 22 agricultural and packaging facilities, and have more than 18,000 colleagues across the United States. We are home to several of America's most recognizable beer brands, including Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra and Stella Artois, as well as a number of regional brands that provide beer drinkers with a choice of the best-tasting craft beers in the industry.
From responsible drinking programs and emergency drinking water donations to industry-leading sustainability efforts, we are guided by our unwavering commitment to supporting the communities we call home.
We are a company that believes our people are our greatest asset. We believe in the spirit of ownership because our employees take results personally and want to build something great together. We value talented employees who aren't afraid to be bold, resourceful, and committed. At Anheuser-Busch, it's not about what you studied or where you worked, it's about what you can do. If you see yourself working for a company that allows you to excel at the pace of your talent, then a career at Anheuser-Busch may be for you.
As America's leading brewer, Anheuser-Busch is committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It's this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For more information, visit www.anheuserbusch.com or follow Anheuser-Busch on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Back to top