- Newburgh, NY
- Under the direction of the Business Process Manager, the General Technician is responsible for effectively operating and maintaining equipment used to manufacturer and package aluminum cans.
- The General Technician job involves working as part of a team to read and interpret information, monitor equipment, and inspect product to maintain quality standards.
- The General Technician must follow safe work practices, and maintain a working knowledge of first aid and emergency procedures.
- The General Technician performs quality, maintenance and housekeeping checks while managing the technical process.
- Ability to apply new work methods effectively.
- Ability to understand written material contained in forms; ability to read, understand and interpret non-technical written materials.
- Ability to make quick and accurate comparisons of the similarities or differences between objects, or to determine that objects do match standards or specifications.
- High School Diploma or GED Certification required.
- Willingness to work 12.25 hour shifts, rotating days and nights, required overtime, including weekends and holidays.
- Must have basic knowledge of equipment and machinery.
- Basic computer skills, i.e.; Microsoft Office and Outlook experience.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to interact well with, team members, staff, and others.
- Three to five years industrial experience preferred, in a high-speed manufacturing or packaging environment desired.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Willingness and ability to take teamwork approach to the job by cooperating with others, and considering larger, organization or team goals.
- Fork Truck experience preferred
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred
For more than 165 years, Anheuser-Busch has been woven into the cultural fabric of the United States, carrying on a legacy of brewing great-tasting, high-quality beers that have satisfied beer drinkers for generations. Today, we own and operate 23 breweries, 20 distributorships and 22 agricultural and packaging facilities, and have more than 18,000 colleagues across the United States. We are home to several of America's most recognizable beer brands, including Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra and Stella Artois, as well as a number of regional brands that provide beer drinkers with a choice of the best-tasting craft beers in the industry.
From responsible drinking programs and emergency drinking water donations to industry-leading sustainability efforts, we are guided by our unwavering commitment to supporting the communities we call home.
We are a company that believes our people are our greatest asset. We believe in the spirit of ownership because our employees take results personally and want to build something great together. We value talented employees who aren't afraid to be bold, resourceful, and committed. At Anheuser-Busch, it's not about what you studied or where you worked, it's about what you can do. If you see yourself working for a company that allows you to excel at the pace of your talent, then a career at Anheuser-Busch may be for you.
As America's leading brewer, Anheuser-Busch is committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It's this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For more information, visit www.anheuserbusch.com or follow Anheuser-Busch on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Back to top