Emerging Channels Manager
- Washington, DC
- Develop A-B Premium & Super Premium ("P/SP") portfolio in emerging channels from zero to 10% of P/SP volume in 3 years: identify key occasions for premium consumers in local market, key activities and occasions, map premium/emerging accounts and events in target cities, and develop business relationships to drive brand awareness and sales
- Play dual sales & marketing role for P/SP portfolio in emerging premium channels - identifying "brand building" opportunities in accounts in addition to volume-driving opportunities
- Provide total account management within the channel: become trusted beverage category advisor to account decision maker, sell in trade programs, and execute brand promotions
- Partner with Region & CSO High End counterparts throughout the workstream: ensure bespoke trade programs and brand promotion material for the accounts are created by Trade Marketing, own follow-up of customer orders with wholesaler sales reps, adopt best practices shared by CSO Emerging Channels Director, etc.
- Utilize sales tools to track and optimize execution (tap optimization tool, Nielsen, GoSpotCheck, etc.)
- Maintain active communications with A-B field sales and wholesaler personnel
- Evaluate strategies and action plans against allocated budget; manage budgets
- Contribute to the development and management of annual account plan
- Role longevity: aim for minimum 3 years in role
- BS/BA degree in Business, Finance, Marketing or related field
- Self-starter that can build a new business area from scratch
- Basic knowledge of retail initiatives (particularly category management and information-based selling)
- High level of expertise in analyzing information and making information-based recommendations
- Effective communications/presentation, follow-up, administrative and organizational skills
- Field and retail sales experience in the beverage industry or other consumer product industries
- Ability to work and drive positive results in a fast-paced, team environment
- Alcoholic beverage sales, key account management, and/or category management experience
- Certified Cicerone or equivalent beer knowledge
- Experience in premium/emerging channels such as e-commerce, premium retail, hospitality, event planning, night clubs, etc.
- Willingness to relocate within the US for future opportunities
For more than 165 years, Anheuser-Busch has been woven into the cultural fabric of the United States, carrying on a legacy of brewing great-tasting, high-quality beers that have satisfied beer drinkers for generations. Today, we own and operate 23 breweries, 20 distributorships and 22 agricultural and packaging facilities, and have more than 18,000 colleagues across the United States. We are home to several of America's most recognizable beer brands, including Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra and Stella Artois, as well as a number of regional brands that provide beer drinkers with a choice of the best-tasting craft beers in the industry.
From responsible drinking programs and emergency drinking water donations to industry-leading sustainability efforts, we are guided by our unwavering commitment to supporting the communities we call home.
We are a company that believes our people are our greatest asset. We believe in the spirit of ownership because our employees take results personally and want to build something great together. We value talented employees who aren't afraid to be bold, resourceful, and committed. At Anheuser-Busch, it's not about what you studied or where you worked, it's about what you can do. If you see yourself working for a company that allows you to excel at the pace of your talent, then a career at Anheuser-Busch may be for you.
As America's leading brewer, Anheuser-Busch is committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It's this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For more information, visit www.anheuserbusch.com or follow Anheuser-Busch on LinkedIn , Twitter , Facebook and Instagram .
Back to top