Devils Backbone Brewery Representative- Raleigh, NC
- Raleigh, NC
The Devils Backbone Sales Representative position is responsible for maintaining an adequate and strategic presence in their respective territory. This position works with wholesaler equivalents and the Area Manager to ensure maximum saturation of company products in the relevant territory. Primarily focused on on-premise activations (as opposed to off-premise), this position must also possess the ability to develop sound relationships with accounts, and to discern the most effective ways to support said accounts. This position troubleshoots with clients to guarantee products are delivered and present when needed. This position crafts and works towards goals and targets in line with company strategy and under the overall direction of the Sales Director. This position is mainly responsible for acquiring and maintaining sound and product-focused relationships with on-premise vendors. This position works largely autonomously, and is one of the more public positions within the company.
- • Manage territory accounts and ensure account satisfaction.
• Educate consumers and accounts on new product lines.
• Strategically influence the sale of product lines as directed by the Sales Director.
• Propose strategies for expanding territory accounts.
• Regular ride-a-longs with wholesaler equivalents.
• Be thoroughly aware of and connected with decision influencers and decision makers (owners, CEOs, Presidents, sales managers, merchandising managers, events coordinators, etc.) in accounts.
• Search for new draft placements.
• Visit accounts daily.
• Participation in events, promotions, etc.
• Account-specific event management, coordination, and execution.
• Partners with distributor manager to align strategy.
• Coordinate with marketing to ensure that events are aligned with brand management strategy.
• Track and analyze territory sales numbers to direct and guide personal activities and efforts.
• Manage professional individual administrative duties/paperwork.
• Maintain assigned vehicle.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Thorough knowledge of company products and industry best practices (beer and merchandise).
• Excellent personal communication skills.
• Lover of beer!
• The ability to deal with difficult customers when necessary.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, and third-party partners.
• Intermediate to expert-level proficiency in office-related software.
- Advanced degree
- Certified Beer Server or Certified Cicerone
Back to top