The Devils Backbone Area Sales Manager (ASM) position is responsible for serving as the primary liaison for our wholesaler partners. This position plays a vital role in providing our wholesaler partners a clear understanding of all products and programs to ensure that our strategies are executed on our behalf. This position is also charged with the responsibility for service troubleshooting to maintain DB as a premier supplier. The ASM monitors inventory, and assists the wholesaler in product ordering. The ASM must manage the day, as well as foresee upcoming administrative needs to plan for the future. Importantly, the ASM is also responsible for maintaining sound communication internally guaranteeing our wholesalers are receiving accurate information as efficiently as possible. While receiving direction in terms of planning and broad strategy, this position interfaces with wholesalers in an autonomous manner and must possess an entrepreneurial spirit to meet needs and problem solve innovatively. This role will oversee the New England territory and be based in Hartford, CT. We are looking to fill this role in January, 2022, but will be interviewing through the end of 2021.
Daily Duties, Functions, Responsibilities
- Manages Budnet capabilities by wholesaler and maintains accurate sku data, for the purpose of ensuring accurate forecasting and order fulfillment.
- Calls on off-premise high-value accounts, as well as key account retailers.
- Inventory control and forecasting by wholesaler to manage 8-weeks of supply and seasonal requirements.
- Maintains a system for limited supply brands, and oversees wholesaler ordering for specialty products.
- Partners with trade marketing group and KAMs to align needs in advance for program execution.
- Communicates chain commitments, sku requirements and STR dates to ensure smooth launches.
- Teaches wholesalers to provide necessary education of our portfolio and brands.
- Advanced planning and training for heavy-up periods.
- Meet regularly with wholesalers to maintain sound consistent communication (market performance/future planning).
- Serves as traffic controller for overall DBBC communication to relevant wholesalers.
- Leads program execution by territory.
- Secures product and POCM ordering for all programs.
- Engages and influences wholesaler partners to leverage programs and incentives.
- Responsible for off-premise retail execution.
- Maintains positive working relationships with all wholesaler staff, including craft manager, on-premise personnel, off-premise personnel, KAMs, Sales Director, inventory coordinator, teams leads, warehouse manager, etc. (ride-withs, regular meetings, etc.).
- Coordinates regularly to Regional Sales Manager for company cohesiveness.
- Cognizant of pricing structures and strategies, and assures wholesaler pricing alignment and provides feedback on market pricing to strategy team.
- Manage professional individual administrative duties/paperwork.
- Maintain assigned vehicle.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of company products and industry best practices (beer and merchandise).
- Excellent personal communication skills.
- Lover of beer!
- The ability to deal with difficult customers when necessary.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, and third-party partners.
- Intermediate to expert-level proficiency in office-related software.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Education and Experience
- Two years industry experience, preferably in sales
- High school diploma, college degree preferred.
Physical Conditions and Nature of Work Contacts
- Regular contacts are made with the general public and business partners. Some communication may be difficult requiring significant levels of tact.
- Ability to lift 75- pounds.
- Ability to manipulate 165-lb kegs with/without dolly.
- Ability to transport 165 lbs on a dolly (dolly operation).
- Communication is usually cooperative in nature, but there is the need to resolve issues on the behalf of staff regularly.
- Conducts work in a sitting position primarily; however, job requires walking, bending, stooping and lifting.
- Significant travel and driving expected.
- Requires the ability to speak loudly to large groups of people.
- Requires flexibility in hours.