Craft/Import Beer Sales Representative
- Los Angeles, CA
The role is based in Oxnard.
The Craft/Import Beer Sales Representative will be accountable for ensuring that sales goals are met by strategically increasing sales volume through sustainable growth. This position involves a considerable amount of time in market visiting on premise and off premise retailers, educating and building existing and new relationships in order to forge strong partnerships.
- Responsible for selling in High End products & programs to the assigned retailer route.
- Responsible for increasing distribution and volume across the key on premise and key off-premise accounts.
- Follow consistent store visit schedule and input into assigned system
- Build relationship with local wholesaler team(s): sales reps, merchandiser, team leads, sign-shop, etc.
- Assist wholesaler representative with the selling-in of trade solutions, sampling activations, and POC placement
- Implement sales performance measures and targets using brand priorities with wholesalers while assisting in achieving expected results.
- Make daily decisions regarding retail inventory levels using past sales history, sales data tools, and changes in climate, competitive activity and special promotional activities.
- Utilize sales history, data tools, and competitive activity to manage territory and retailers.
- Promote and build brand awareness of assigned portfolio
- Execute events and promotional activities - sampling, engraving, training (may include evenings and weekends)
- Review target account analysis and reports to ensure brands are performing at the top of class levels for all assigned accounts.
- Establish and monitor quality control standards. Communicate with all departments as necessary.
- Improve velocity in accounts by building displays, driving distribution, resetting coolers, displaying POS items, educating retail employees, hand selling, sampling, securing features, and developing promotional programs.
- Ensures product is properly priced and POP is compliant
- Utilize AB sales tools for daily activities and to report out activities Knowledge and adherence of local alcoholic beverage laws
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- Profound knowledge of craft beer and brewing process
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to adjust a message to the audience
- Highly-creative' able to generate fresh, impactful ideas and see them through to implementation
- Proven ability to think and move between strategic and analytical thinking as well as actual execution
- Ability to coordinate brand information, supply POS material, and keep lines of communication open with state's wholesaler network in order to better sell through products. Ability to own budgetary responsibility and execute against timelines
E ducation and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors' Degree in Sales, Business or related field
- Certified Cicerone or Certified Beer Server licensing preferred
- 1-3 years experience in Distribution, Outside Sales, Food/Beverage or related industry
- Conducts working in a sitting and standing position primarily: however, job requires walking, bending, stooping and light lifting
- Job requires ability to travel
For more than 165 years, Anheuser-Busch has been woven into the cultural fabric of the United States, carrying on a legacy of brewing great-tasting, high-quality beers that have satisfied beer drinkers for generations. Today, we own and operate 23 breweries, 20 distributorships and 22 agricultural and packaging facilities, and have more than 18,000 colleagues across the United States. We are home to several of America's most recognizable beer brands, including Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra and Stella Artois, as well as a number of regional brands that provide beer drinkers with a choice of the best-tasting craft beers in the industry.
From responsible drinking programs and emergency drinking water donations to industry-leading sustainability efforts, we are guided by our unwavering commitment to supporting the communities we call home.
We are a company that believes our people are our greatest asset. We believe in the spirit of ownership because our employees take results personally and want to build something great together. We value talented employees who aren't afraid to be bold, resourceful, and committed. At Anheuser-Busch, it's not about what you studied or where you worked, it's about what you can do. If you see yourself working for a company that allows you to excel at the pace of your talent, then a career at Anheuser-Busch may be for you.
As America's leading brewer, Anheuser-Busch is committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It's this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For more information, visit www.anheuserbusch.com or follow Anheuser-Busch on LinkedIn , Twitter , Facebook and Instagram .
Back to top