Craft/Import Beer Sales Manager
- Plainview, TX
The Craft/Import Beer Sales Manager is the key contact between the High End (HE) Director and AB's distributors. This position is accountable for coaching, training, and developing a sales team daily with the inspection of sales representative activities. The Craft/Import Beer Sales Manager will work directly with wholesale partners for market specific objectives including business development, increasing distribution within accounts and gaining new customers. In addition, this position will be accountable for managing an assigned geographic region through the effective planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and execution of sales and marketing plans through the company distributor network and field sales team members.
- Build relationship with wholesaler management and region teams.
- Participate actively in HE forecasting and ensure its accuracy
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with management, distributors, and HE BDR to facilitate the effective development and execution of programs and business initiatives.
- Establish distribution, display, feature ad, retail promotion, and space management objectives that produce the effective presentation of the brands to the consumer at the point of purchase.
- Communicate information to management with recommendations that will contribute to the development of brands, sales growth, and distributor effectiveness.
- Track identified metrics (sales, distribution, display, POS, etc.), providing timely performance reports.
- Actively Train & coach HE BDRs and provide visibility to the Commercial Director and Regional High End Direction into the challenges and opportunities in the specific territory.
- Manage specific operating systems and standards, for the management of: Ordering and Inventory Management, Quality Control, Selling and Merchandising Objectives and Standards, Program Execution Guidelines, Pricing and Discount Management, and POS Material utilization.
- Identify leads, manage prospects, acquire new business and grow points of distribution.
- Participate in the execution of events such as samplings, beer dinners, and craft beer educational presentations for customers and consumers.
- Own the execution & sales results of the HE portfolio in the sales territory and act on market opportunities.
- Work with wholesaler to ensure all chain commitments are delivered and items not brought in are kept to a minimal
- Work with wholesaler to order POCM during trimester order windows
S kills and Abilities
- Ability to lead and develop a team of sales professionals in order to achieve goals
- Proven ability to build and maintain long term relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to generate and deliver sales presentations
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales goals and objectives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in Business Trade Math (Margin, Mark Up, Inverse Margin, Blended Margin, Breakeven, Draft Profit, and Pour Costs )
- Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Management, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in Sales or Promotions in beverage/alcohol industry preferred
- Certified Beer Server or Certified Cicerone preferred
- Conducts work in a standing and sitting position; however, job requires frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, and light lifting
- Job requires the ability to travel
From responsible drinking programs and emergency drinking water donations to industry-leading sustainability efforts, we are guided by our unwavering commitment to supporting the communities we call home.
We are a company that believes our people are our greatest asset. We believe in the spirit of ownership because our employees take results personally and want to build something great together. We value talented employees who aren't afraid to be bold, resourceful, and committed. At Anheuser-Busch, it's not about what you studied or where you worked, it's about what you can do. If you see yourself working for a company that allows you to excel at the pace of your talent, then a career at Anheuser-Busch may be for you.
As America's leading brewer, Anheuser-Busch is committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It's this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For more information, visit www.anheuserbusch.com or follow Anheuser-Busch on LinkedIn , Twitter , Facebook and Instagram .
Back to top