- Roanoke, VA
The Logistics Coordinator at Devils Backbone is responsible for the inventory levels for all packaged/kegged beer, packaging supplies and forecasting the need of production-related dry goods. This position works in coordination with the Warehouse Supervisor to monitor accurate count levels and the operational process of orders/shipments. The Logistics Coordinator is the primary contact for internal sales/marketing staff and wholesaler representatives as it relates to availability/order accuracy. This position monitors several internal and external databases, to include BudNet, OBeer, and other AB software platforms to ensure data and order accuracy. This position plays a vital role in the supply/demand environment and is a collaborator with multiple internal stakeholders to ensure DBBC remains a preferred supplier.
• Conducts physical inventory counts and inputs inventory levels into software platforms.
• Communicates readily with the Warehouse Supervisor to ensure inventory accuracy.
• Maintains accurate inventory for packaging supplies, packaged beer, and kegged beer.
• Provides information routinely to Territory Sales Managers and Sales Representatives to ensure stock is adequate for demand.
• Problem solves when discrepancies occur.
• Works with internal and external stakeholders to resolve shipping inaccuracies.
• Monitors shipment information with the Warehouse Supervisor to promote shipping accuracy.
• Works with ABI stakeholders to track/monitor distribution center inventory levels.
• Monitors BudNet and wholesaler inventory levels and communicates with Supply Chain Manager any issues, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Thorough knowledge of manufacturing industry as it relates to supply, demand, and production trends.
• Sound analytical skills (mathematics, organization, etc.).
• The ability to contribute to a high-quality work environment for employees
• The ability to deal tactfully with difficult customers/stakeholders.
• Knowledge of business English and spelling.
• Intermediate to expert-level proficiency in office-related software.
• Office equipment used includes computer, copier, postage meter, Fax, printer, multiple-line phone, paper folder, projector, and scanner.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Education & Experience:
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school and two years of manufacturing, supply chain, analyst experience.
• High school diploma.
• Virginia Drivers License
• Must be 21-years old
Physical Conditions & Nature of Work
• Regular contacts are made with individuals from other internal departments, outside organizations, and/or the general public for purposes of exchanging information which may require some judgment or interpretation.
• Communication is usually cooperative in nature, with somewhat frequent conflicts requiring confrontation and appropriate use of tact.
• Conducts work in a sitting position (75%); job requires frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, sporadic heavy lifting, and frequent light lifting.
• Requires frequent operation of a variety of office machines.
The story about Devils Backbone Brewing Company goes like this. Years ago, our founders, Steve and Heidi Crandall, were on a ski trip in the Alps when they tried their first craft beer, a German Weisse at a brewpub.
So to satisfy their thirst for a local haunt that served craft European-style beers, they started a whole brewery complete with a full-on brewpub for locals and visitors. It became a place where folks could drink and tell stories about their time on the trail or ski slope, or all of the above.
They named it Devils Backbone, the same name some brave surveyors, including Thomas Jefferson's dad, Peter, called this hard-to-summit mountain region almost 300 years ago. Kinda poetic, right?
Well there's your history, and here's a bit of our philosophy: we think being slow by nature is of mighty importance. It's why we take our time brewing our lagers and it's why we're smack dab in the middle of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Back to top