- Scottsville, VA
Position: Craft Adventure Guide (Summit Barista)
Supervisor: Basecamp Assistant Manager
Division: Hospitality Division - Basecamp Facility
FLSA Status (Classification): Hourly
The Craft Adventure Guide (CAG) is an energetic, customer-centered position that works directly with patrons and visitors in our Summit. The CAG works a variety of hours/shifts, and focuses on ensuring a great experience for all visitors through serving great coffee drinks, selling merchandise, and providing excellent customer service. The CAG has great energy and the ability to develop a thorough knowledge of the drink making / serving process and the equipment that DBBC possesses to make its espresso. The CAG is vital to DBBC's ability to provide every visitor the opportunity to craft their own adventure. Once trained, this position works somewhat autonomously, and is expected to identify needs as they arise throughout the shift.
Daily Duties, Functions, Responsibilities
- Prepare / serve hot and cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees, or teas.
- Maintaining high levels of customer service.
- Ensuring that all of the customer service functions (outdoor service, Summit service, merchandise sales, etc.) are coordinated throughout each day.
- Clean and sanitize work areas, utensils, equipment, etc.
- Works in and contributes to a fun working environment.
- Stocks products and merchandise.
- Check temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, and heating equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Describe menu items to customers or suggest products that might appeal to them.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Conditions and Nature of Work Contacts
- Regular contacts are made with the general public. Some communication may be difficult requiring significant levels of tact.
- Ability to lift 35 pounds.
- Communication is usually cooperative in nature, with infrequent conflicts resolved by higher authority.
- Conducts work in a standing position; however, job requires walking, bending, stooping and lifting.
- Requires frequent operation of tap handles, dishwashers, and movement throughout brewery.
- Requires the ability to speak loudly to large groups of people.
- Requires flexibility in hours.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of company products (Summit items, beer and merchandise).
- Excellent personal communication skills.
- Lover of coffee / beer!
- The ability deal with difficult customers when necessary.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and customers.
- Basic to Intermediate level proficiency in office-related software.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Education and Experience
- One year prior customer service experience (preferably in food/beverage) preferred.
- High school diploma.
Meet Some of Anheuser-Busch's Employees
Monica R.VP, Budweiser Marketing
Monica leads the Budweiser Marketing Team, creating everything from Super Bowl TV spots to social media content—she then strategizes how to best commercialize those assets.
Back to top