Associate General Counsel
- Work closely with outside counsel to provide legal support and advice to the Total Rewards team and benefits fiduciary committees on federal and state laws governing the broad range of benefits matters, including:
- Benefit plan documents (health and welfare, 401(k), pension) and day-to-day operations of benefit plans
- Vendor contracts and collective bargaining agreement benefits provisions.
- Benefits-related matters in the context of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and other corporate transactions, including due diligence, relevant provisions in transaction agreements, and pre-closing and post-closing legal items such as plan mergers and employee agreement matters.
- Claims and appeals communications.
- Plan audits and benefits related litigation.
- Company communications regarding benefits matters
- Work closely with outside counsel to provide legal advice on e xecutive compensation, equity compensation, and deferred compensation plan design, implementation and administration.
- Advise on other labor and employment-related matters and draft other employment-related communications as requested, including severance plans and agreements.
- J.D. from accredited law school is required
- Member of the Missouri Bar or eligible and willing to seek admission
- Minimum of 5 years employee benefit and compensation experience in a law firm or corporate legal department
- Working knowledge of federal and state laws affecting benefits, including ERISA, HIPAA, ACA and COBRA and the Internal Revenue Code and regulatory environment
- Working knowledge of federal and state laws affecting compensation matters, including Code Sections 409A and 280G
- Highly skilled in providing client counseling on strategic employee initiatives
- Experience in agency audits and investigations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to bring a practical and creative approach to problem solving in a dynamic team environment.
For more than 165 years, Anheuser-Busch has been woven into the cultural fabric of the United States, carrying on a legacy of brewing great-tasting, high-quality beers that have satisfied beer drinkers for generations. Today, we own and operate 23 breweries, 20 distributorships and 22 agricultural and packaging facilities, and have more than 18,000 colleagues across the United States. We are home to several of America's most recognizable beer brands, including Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra and Stella Artois, as well as a number of regional brands that provide beer drinkers with a choice of the best-tasting craft beers in the industry.
From responsible drinking programs and emergency drinking water donations to industry-leading sustainability efforts, we are guided by our unwavering commitment to supporting the communities we call home.
We are a company that believes our people are our greatest asset. We believe in the spirit of ownership because our employees take results personally and want to build something great together. We value talented employees who aren't afraid to be bold, resourceful, and committed. At Anheuser-Busch, it's not about what you studied or where you worked, it's about what you can do. If you see yourself working for a company that allows you to excel at the pace of your talent, then a career at Anheuser-Busch may be for you.
As America's leading brewer, Anheuser-Busch is committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It's this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For more information, visit www.anheuserbusch.com or follow Anheuser-Busch on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Meet Some of Anheuser-Busch's Employees
Monica R.VP, Budweiser Marketing
Monica leads the Budweiser Marketing Team, creating everything from Super Bowl TV spots to social media content—she then strategizes how to best commercialize those assets.
Back to top