ART DIRECTOR (DESIGN FOCUS)
We're looking for a design-focused ART DIRECTOR to help us design the future of craft beer.
This role will be based out of our Commercial Strategy Office in New York, sitting with our in-house Creative team, °plato, in the Brewers Collective business unit. Reporting to our Creative Director - this person will primarily be responsible for concepting revolutionary visual brand identities and seeing them through to execution.
The ideal candidate c an not only design, but has the ability to help strategize and concept tangible, consumer-facing ideas (from packaging to social media). We're looking for someone who has an appetite for learning, and is comfortable working outside their primary skill set and comfort zone.
This person is tactfully bold - they push their creative ideas forward with grace, and acknowledge the importance of having everyone onboard for the ride. To them, great work does not require great ego.
In order to succeed, this candidate will need to adapt to a range of personalities and environments, from the boardroom to the brewery.
Formed in 2018, plato is an in-house creative consultancy servicing Anheuser Busch's growing portfolio of craft breweries (Brewers Collective). We exist to nurture the creative independence of our brewery partners, while building brands for scale and future growth.
- Concept and design breakthrough visual brand identities in a fast paced, oftentimes ambiguous, environment
- Translate brand objectives into tangible creative concepts
- Multi-task across simultaneous projects and deadlines, everything from packaging design to banner ads to Instagram posts
- Participate in brainstorms - assisting Creative team members in concepting ideas (design-focused and otherwise)
- Demonstrate creative thought leadership, keeping ahead of trends and providing proactive inspiration and recommendations
- 3+ years experience as an Art Director, Graphic Designer
- Minimum exp of 3yrs with Graphic Designer experience is Needed
- product packaging experience is preferred- Layout design, Log Design
- Strong branding portfolio with brand campaigns and digital executions
- Strong eye for layout design, typography and logo design
- Great with feedback and revisions
- Advanced Creative Suite skills
- Strong collaborator
- Understanding of platforms and social media best practices
- Experience with social-first production
- portfolio is Mandatory
Nice to Have:
- Ability to shoot/edit stills or video
- Robust network of contacts to call upon for design & production
For more than 165 years, Anheuser-Busch has been woven into the cultural fabric of the United States, carrying on a legacy of brewing great-tasting, high-quality beers that have satisfied beer drinkers for generations. Today, we own and operate 23 breweries, 20 distributorships and 22 agricultural and packaging facilities, and have more than 18,000 colleagues across the United States. We are home to several of America's most recognizable beer brands, including Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra and Stella Artois, as well as a number of regional brands that provide beer drinkers with a choice of the best-tasting craft beers in the industry.
From responsible drinking programs and emergency drinking water donations to industry-leading sustainability efforts, we are guided by our unwavering commitment to supporting the communities we call home.
We are a company that believes our people are our greatest asset. We believe in the spirit of ownership because our employees take results personally and want to build something great together. We value talented employees who aren't afraid to be bold, resourceful, and committed. At Anheuser-Busch, it's not about what you studied or where you worked, it's about what you can do. If you see yourself working for a company that allows you to excel at the pace of your talent, then a career at Anheuser-Busch may be for you.
As America's leading brewer, Anheuser-Busch is committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It's this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For more information, visit www.anheuserbusch.com or follow Anheuser-Busch on LinkedIn , Twitter , Facebook and Instagram .
Back to top