Apprentice, Production - Newark Brewery
- Newark, NJ
Sitting behind a desk all day was never your style. Rolling up your sleeves and producing something of value? That's more like it.
If you're interested in brewing, packaging, or shipping some of your favorite beers all over the country, then the Apprentice Production position could be the perfect fit for you. Our Apprentices carry the load of operational work, utilizing high speed automated technology which keeps Anheuser Busch ahead of the competition- all the while continuously improving the process. Safety first, quality always, then volume, volume, volume!
As an Apprentice, you would be responsible for a variety of tasks including but not limited to monitoring brewing systems, operating high speed manufacturing equipment, driving fork trucks, and cleaning. You would also become trained in lean manufacturing techniques, which includes monitoring and interpreting performance data to ensure we're operating at our maximum capability.
- Maintain plant safety standards, it's our first priority
- Performing process quality control checks
- Monitoring high speed equipment and processes
- Driving fork trucks
- Loading supplies into machinery
- Recording process data, we're a data and information driven company
- Performing minor maintenance
- Industrial cleaning and sanitation
- Read, monitor, and interpret performance metrics. At AB, we're never satisfied and are always looking to improve upon ourselves.
- Adhering to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree preferred.
- Ability to engage in physical activities and manual labor, as required, including but not limited to: prolonged standing, walking, lifting, pushing, pulling and bending
- Must be able to lift items up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work in varying temperatures and climates
- Must be able to work varying shifts on weekends and/or holidays (days, afternoons, and midnights)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Pay After 2 Years - $32.475
- Prior production, warehousing, or related experience
- Mechanical aptitude
- Continuous improvement experience
For more than 165 years, Anheuser-Busch has been woven into the cultural fabric of the United States, carrying on a legacy of brewing great-tasting, high-quality beers that have satisfied beer drinkers for generations. Today, we own and operate 23 breweries, 20 distributorships and 22 agricultural and packaging facilities, and have more than 18,000 colleagues across the United States. We are home to several of America's most recognizable beer brands, including Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra and Stella Artois, as well as a number of regional brands that provide beer drinkers with a choice of the best-tasting craft beers in the industry.
From responsible drinking programs and emergency drinking water donations to industry-leading sustainability efforts, we are guided by our unwavering commitment to supporting the communities we call home.
We are a company that believes our people are our greatest asset. We believe in the spirit of ownership because our employees take results personally and want to build something great together. We value talented employees who aren't afraid to be bold, resourceful, and committed. At Anheuser-Busch, it's not about what you studied or where you worked, it's about what you can do. If you see yourself working for a company that allows you to excel at the pace of your talent, then a career at Anheuser-Busch may be for you.
As America's leading brewer, Anheuser-Busch is committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It's this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For more information, visit www.anheuserbusch.com or follow Anheuser-Busch on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Back to top