The DevOps Engineer will develop tools and processes according to architectural guidelines with oversight by senior members of the team, identify weaknesses in our tooling that will drive changes to the overall architecture, and work as a liaison to development and operations teams.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate with people of varying levels of technical ability
- Comfortable learning independently and asking for help
- 2+ years of experience administering Linux servers
- 2+ years of object-oriented coding experience (Ruby, Python, Node, etc.)
- Experience using configuration management tools in a production environment (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience operating and automating in a public cloud, preferably AWS.
- BS in Computer Science/Computer Information Systems, or equivalent education/experience
- 4+ years' experience building/operating consumer websites
Here at Angie's List we have an honest, friendly, and fun community. This permeates nearly every interaction that we have with each other, our customers, and our code. It is on that foundation that we have built a world class, cloud-based, event-driven micro-service architecture that serves both our members and service providers across the entirety of the US. This role will work in our Headquarters in downtown Indianapolis, IN.
Angie's List and HomeAdvisor have combined to create the largest Homeservices marketplace in the nation. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. Angie's List and HomeAdvisor employ nearly 4,000 employees across the U.S., with our biggest hubs in Denver, CO and Indianapolis, IN. ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), operates 12 brands in eight countries, and is headquartered in Denver, CO.
If you're excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team - this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.
Back to top