Vice President of Success
Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technology leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen
About the Role
Andela’s Success department is charged with balancing the needs of our Clients with the needs of our Fellows in order to ensure that our Clients are successful and meeting their goals while our Fellows are constantly growing and progressing through our Technical Leadership Program. We are seeking a senior leader for the Success department to help set policy and define how Success can keep up with our growth. Our core consulting model is embedded software developers and teams who just happen to be located thousands of miles away. As such, you’ll need to be an expert in enabling talented people to deliver their best, providing the support and quality control needed to help them through challenges, and developing the processes, protocols and procedures necessary to scale with Andela’s Client and Fellow growth.
In this role, you’ll be interfacing with every aspect of Andela, from working with the Learning department to ensure that we are building the right curriculum to make developers successful to working with the Technology department to make sure we are building the right products to help us scale and the Sales department to make sure that we are selling what we can deliver, but your primary goals will always be:
- To ensure that Andela’s technical professionals are prepared, supported, and continue to grow during their time at Andela
- To ensure that Andela’s Clients are wowed with the quality, engagement and productivity of their Andela developers
You are eager for the challenge of molding and shaping an exceptional set of individuals and programs into an integrated, world class organization for providing amazing technical talent that will help their clients transform the world. You know how to think – and act – big, while holding a strong moral compass in everything you do.
- Work with the CIO of Andela to set policies and standards for the Success organization
- Encourage and promote best practices in client engagement across the regions
- Establish and ensure monitoring of all Success metrics, SLAs and KPIs for Fellow, client, and department member Success
- Act as subject matter expert for all client delivery issues, and a sounding board for figuring out how to staff complicated engagements.
- Act as decision maker on how to staff engagements in situations where country level staff cannot agree on which location should be responsible for staffing the engagement.
- Collaborate with the VP of Learning to ensure curriculum and Learning opportunities meet the needs of the Fellows and staff members
- Build strong relationships with Country Directors, other VPs, and C level execs to ensure collaboration and support of Success across Andela
- Groom and mentor direct reports
- Four year degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university.
- 10+ years of experience configuring and managing teams doing remote software development, technology consulting and/or software product management
- Extensive experience in client relationship management for a delivery organization
- Ability to think strategically about how to scale an organization and maintain culture as it grows
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to a broad range of audiences particularly in a distributed environment
- Proven ability to manage to inspire teams to meet business commitments
- Passion for developing the next generation of technology leadership
- Strong creative, leadership and critical thinking skills
- Experience working in multiple countries and/or with international organizations
- A deep commitment to Andela’s mission.
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis between Andela’s development centers in Africa as well as to its US offices
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top