Job Title: UI/UX Designer
Experience: Mid Level
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
At Andela we do things a little differently. We consider our core product to be the talented people we embed into technology teams around the world. We build software and products to support these talented developers in continuously developing their skills while doing exceptional work for their clients and colleagues. We’re seeking a UI/UX Designer with world-class expertise in design to join us on our journey in building and executing on against our product roadmap.
The ideal person for this role:
- Has a clear passion and expertise in UI and UX.
- Has empathy and is relentless in their desire to understand users and the challenges they face
- Believes in the effectiveness of collaborative problem solving
- Loves unlocking the potential of others and wants to learn how to do it even better.
In this job you’ll:
- Lead our design efforts to ensure that our internal products converse well with their users
- Create standards & components to be used across our product suite for a unified experience
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to understand the company’s goals and users
- Partner with Product Leaders to conduct user research
- Create low-fidelity wireframes and hi-fidelity mockups that ensure alignment with all stakeholders
- Collaborate with Engineering to ensure that we’re constantly delivering to specification.
- Located in Lagos, Nigeria
- 3-5+ years of UI/UX design experience at a software company
- Consensus-builder; develops relationships across the company with ease
- Obsessed with staying up-to-date on the latest UI/UX trends, techniques and tools
At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers and connect them with employers around the world seeking top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit and determination to improve the status quo are only a few of the many resources the remarkable Andela team brings with them.
With the youngest population in the world, Africa is the world’s greatest untapped source of spectacular talent. The four-year Andela Technology Leadership Program is the core mechanism by which we transform Andela developers into passionate change agents able to drive current and future tech-enabled growth in Africa and around the world. Guiding and molding these elite young people to achieve their maximum potential is an essential aspect of both individual and organizational success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top