Job Title: UI/UX Designer
Experience: Mid Level
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
At Andela we do things a little differently. We consider our core product to be the talented people we embed into technology teams around the world. We build software and products to support these talented developers in continuously developing their skills while doing exceptional work for their clients and colleagues. We’re seeking a UI/UX Designer with world-class expertise in design to join us on our journey in building and executing on against our product roadmap.
The ideal person for this role:
- Has a clear passion and expertise in UI and UX.
- Has empathy and is relentless in their desire to understand users and the challenges they face
- Believes in the effectiveness of collaborative problem solving
- Loves unlocking the potential of others and wants to learn how to do it even better.
In this job you’ll:
- Lead our design efforts to ensure that our internal products converse well with their users
- Create standards & components to be used across our product suite for a unified experience
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to understand the company’s goals and users
- Partner with Product Leaders to conduct user research
- Create low-fidelity wireframes and hi-fidelity mockups that ensure alignment with all stakeholders
- Collaborate with Engineering to ensure that we’re constantly delivering to specification.
- Located in Lagos, Nigeria
- 3-5+ years of UI/UX design experience at a software company
- Consensus-builder; develops relationships across the company with ease
- Obsessed with staying up-to-date on the latest UI/UX trends, techniques and tools
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top