Technical Talent Recruiter
Title: Technical Talent Recruiter
Type: Full Time
Location: Nairobi or Lagos
You are passionate about connecting talented technologists to the role of their dreams. You thrive when designing bold sourcing strategies to find and empower Africa’s top engineers. Knowing the value of reliable processes, you bring a test driven development (TDD) process to tracking, engaging, and evaluating a wide range of technologists across Africa. Having “talked the talk” of software development with dozens if not hundreds of engineers, you have an intuitive sense of role alignment and a data-driven instinct for building scalable recruitment processes.
About the role:
As Andela engages with the continent’s top technologists, you will lead the development of our processes and rubrics that enable us to clearly define and measure the qualifications of aspiring Andelans.
You understand and know how to articulate what makes a senior software developer “senior” in different contexts. You have thought deeply about the attributes of a strong technical team lead. You are familiar with a wider range of technical roles and understand how to assess what attributes make someone a good fit for a particular role. You will be responsible for testing and defining Andela’s channel sourcing strategy and execution for engaging and attracting Africa’s top technologists.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidates for this role should:
- Curiosity about how to improve efficiency in attracting top engineers from across the continent and the diaspora.
- Motivation to relentlessly and consistently engage and follow-up with prospective candidates and referrers.
- Clarity when describing Andela's business model and value-add to technical and lay audience.
- Creativity in expanding the ecosystem for sourcing top talent for Andela.
- A self-starter and able to work independently with some ambiguity and develop process and structure as needed.
- Ability to evaluate technical talent including rating proficiency in: tech stacks, microservices, API builds, version control, load balancing, caching, etc.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, And a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top