Technical Talent Recruiter
Location: Nairobi, Kenya or Lagos, Nigeria
Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen
About the Technical Talent Recruiter
The specific responsibilities of the Technical Talent Recruiter will include:
- Boldly sourcing and networking with all of Africa’s top developers and engineers.
- Networking with relevant hubs, communities, thought leaders, and partners that connect Andela to the best technical talent on the continent.
- Building and driving processes to track, engage, and maintain positive relationships with a wide range of technologists across Africa.
- Inspiring technical leaders to want to support and work for Andela.
- Enabling Andela to meet its need for full-time and consultant technical hires.
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidates for this role should:
- Passion for Andela's business model, engineering approach, and value on mentorship.
- Motivation to relentlessly and consistently engage and follow-up with prospective candidates and referrers.
- Clarity when describing Andela's value-add to technical and lay audience.
- Curiosity about how to improve efficiency in attracting top engineers from across the continent and the diaspora.
- Creativity in expanding the ecosystem for sourcing top talent for Andela.
- A self-starter and able to work independently with some ambiguity and develop process and structure as needed.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the plane
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top