Marc Andresson, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peek behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from emerging markets and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
You are passionate about supporting recruiting functions, building and designing systems and processes that increase efficiency and you have a love for finding and supporting unique individuals that, given the right role, have the power to change the world.
You are a leader -- you are ready to help bring Andela’s opportunities to new markets in Latin America and/or Eastern Europe, and thoughtfully build out our brand in those locations. You are excited to represent Andela to a wide variety of candidates across levels of seniority and stacks.
You thrive in a multi-functional role in fast-paced, innovative environments, and solving key issues enabling recruiting functions to thrive and aiding in finding and empowering the world’s top engineers.
About the Role:
As Andela engages with the world’s top Software Engineers, you will play a key role in attracting, talent mapping, sourcing and hiring our very first, high calibre technologists across Latin America and/or Eastern Europe, and filling mission critical roles which drive Andela’s growth and impact.
You are familiar with a wider range of sourcing and talent attraction techniques, across active sourcing on social media, databases and Boolean searches, as well as leveraging referrals and internal mobility/applicants.
We are looking for someone who understands how to build a pipeline through online sourcing tools, and understands how to quickly engage and progress candidates through the recruitment process. You must be highly organized and capable of prioritizing work.
- Source top engineering talent online to build a funnel of qualified candidates for a quickly scaling and dynamic global team
- Optimize systems that guarantee punctual and delightful evaluation processes for our candidates
- Coordinate (using recruiting software & tracking systems) and communicate with internal stakeholders to guarantee headcount is filled on time, and through the most equitable and objective processes possible
- Coordinate recruiting tasks to ensure a consistent, data collection towards active sourcing, candidate application review, referral actioning, interview pass-through rates and hiring goals.
- Engage and captivate the interest of high-quality candidates and convert those candidates into hires
Qualifications & Characteristics
- At least 3 years experience in a Talent Acquisition or Recruitment related role in an established Software House or IT/Telecommunication organisation, Technical Recruiting experience is a MUST.
- Experience working in and sourcing from Latin America and/or Eastern Europe
- Curiosity about how to improve efficiency in attracting top software engineers from across the continent.
- Active sourcing experience through platforms such as LinkedIn, Github, Boolean search exposure , leveraging networks through referrals and internal applicants. Experience using ATS is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge and passion about Andela’s mission and vision. Able to convincingly sell Andela’s opportunity to prospective employees in new markets
- You drive results in a big way and can get things done. You are self-driven and have great independent follow-through
- You are a heroine/hero at maintaining relationships, with a mind for client / candidate satisfaction.
- Outgoing personality and a high comfort level speaking with and selling to others
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, as well as good listening skills
Benefits & Compensation
- Competitive compensation with accelerators for over-achieving hiring targets
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.