Technical Program Manager
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the role
You will be responsible for leading teams of senior engineers to design and implement best-in-class technical programs that enable Andela’s engineers to learn efficiently. You will be responsible for developing the strategic direction, guiding a team and for executing against the department’s technical responsibilities. A clear leader to engineers, you will be responsible for understanding developer’s needs, designing programs to address them, and measurably improving developer performance. With your leadership Andela’s developers will learn more faster, with a better user experience.
- Understand the talent development needs of Andela’s more senior developers
- Collect and organize data about what programs increase developer performance
- Design, and implement supplementary programs that support senior developers
- Revise existing programs with a specific focus on ensuring best-in-class technical standards
- Coach non-technical talent development team members to understand and address engineering perspectives for learning programs
- Hire and/or manage the time of senior engineers to facilitate developer growth and learning
- Define and operationalise measures of success
Skills & Competencies
- Entrepreneurial attitude whilst developing and empowering those supporting you
- Strong coding background in at least one of Andela’s offered stacks
- Data focused - obsessed with tracking initiatives and optimizing processes
- Decisive and able to influence others for cooperation and buy-in
- Strong presentation, interviewing, and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively
- Ability to work with minimal support
- Ability to motivate and support a team of highly effective individuals
- 2-4 years in technical project experience
- Minimum of 2 years managerial experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or similar
- Worked in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment with developers
- Has experience in setting up new operations from scratch
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top