Technical Product Manager
Andela is seeking a Technical Product Manager with world-class expertise in product management to build and execute on Andela’s platform roadmap, and contribute to the continuing growth of our team of African technology leaders. At Andela we do things a little differently. We consider our product to be the talented people we embed into technology teams around the world. We build software and products to support these talented people (we call them Fellows) in continuously developing their skills while doing exceptional work for their clients and colleagues.
You know how to collaborate with various stakeholders to understand the company’s goals, and gather an understanding of industry trends and opportunities in order to formulate and direct the company's platform roadmap. You also know how to transfer the knowledge, behaviours and beliefs of your expertise to any technology professional from entry level to senior product managers.
In this job:
While reporting to the Director of Product, you will product manage the platform that forms the foundation of our technology. Our Platform---which is comprised of DevOps, Core Infrastructure and Test Engineering---is depended on by the product teams that build the internal products and all of the Andelans that use those products. To support them and ensure their success, you will make sure that platform efforts meet both our technical and business needs. You will also have a strong hands-on presence: from mentoring and coaching Andela Fellows, to working seamlessly with our Engineering, Product, BI and Data teams, you'll ensure alignment and deliver results.
You will also:
- Create and prioritize the backlog for your products
- Be responsible for service metrics, such as Mean Time to Detect and Mean Time to Resolve
- Be responsible for ensuring high code quality and reducing technical debt
- Communicate product direction to all relevant team members
- Maintain requirements documents and other assets that articulate your user’s needs
- Oversee platform execution from inception to delivery
The ideal candidate for the role:
- Has a clear passion and expertise in Product Management.
- Is relentless in their desire to understand your engineering users and the challenges they face.
- Has a strong understanding in Google Cloud, Microservices and Postgres
- Believes in the effectiveness of collaborative problem solving
- Used to be a software engineer. You won’t code in this role, but you absolutely need to speak the language of engineers.
- Has experience working in distributed teams
- Is data-driven and excellent at deriving meaningful insights from a wide range of metrics
- Is located in Lagos, Nigeria or Nairobi, Kenya and travel regularly between our centers.
- 5-7+ years of product management experience at a software company
- A Bachelor's or advanced degree in a a technical field.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top