Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers, and connect them with employers around the world looking for top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen.
About the Technical Coordinator Position:
As Technical Coordinator, you will be responsible for helping Andela’s Software Engineers successfully engage remote clients. Distributed work environments are growing in popularity but the lack of physical proximity still brings unique operational challenges. As our engineers partner with teams spread around the world, across industries and across technology stacks, your role will be to help make the client and the remote team feel much closer.
No two days will ever be alike and variety will be the only constant. In the morning, you might find yourself helping engineers better understand the business value of their California team’s user stories; in the afternoon, you might virtually travel across the Atlantic in order to support another team of engineers as they strategically plan a data migration for their team in London.
With your knowledge of business, technology, remote communication and agile project management, you will help make the distance between our engineers and their teams---thousands of kilometers in most cases---feel like a logistical afterthought.
The specific responsibilities of the Technical Coordinator position include:
- Interfacing with the client to understand a client's business as well as their goals and visions for products being supported by Andela
- Assigning work to ensure that our engineers are always working on high priority tasks that will bring the most value to their team.
- Ensuring that our engineers are able to understand the business context and value of their tasks, as well as how it impacts users.
- Working with our engineers to decompose high level stories into smaller, specific tasks and provide high level design support to help them understand how to solve specific coding challenges.
- Perform code reviews to ensure that the work being submitted to the client follows the client's coding standards as well as meets the letter and spirit of the assigned task
- Assist our engineers in effectively communicating with their teams
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidate for this role you:
- Have a four-year degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university.
- Have at least 5 years of experience working in software development, technology consulting or software product management
- Have experience effectively working remotely
- Are passionate about the evolving technology landscape and enjoy leveraging advancements to solve business problems
- Have a strong understanding of agile software development techniques
- Have a vibrant personality and exceptional communication skills (English, verbal and written)
- Have the ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have strong leadership skills.
- Strongly motivated by our social mission of training 100 thousand young Africans in next 10 years.
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top