Technical Client Executive
At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers and connect them with employers around the world seeking top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit and determination to improve the status quo are only a few of the many resources the remarkable Andela team brings with them.
We are seeking a creative, passionate, and experienced Technical Client Executives to find opportunities for our fellows to work with the best companies, from mid-market to enterprise level. Your strong drive to make the world more equitable fuels your commitment and follow-through in everything you do, while your ingenuity helps you identify the entrepreneurial opportunities others might miss. You’ve developed rigorous and systematic techniques for success in sales and beyond, and you’re ready to level-up your social impact. You have a strong network in and experience selling into mid-market and enterprise technology organizations.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders.
Learn more about us at www.andela.com.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Develop and close opportunities with some of the most innovative and established tech companies out there
- Systematically build and nurture a pipeline of new placements for our fellows
- Explore new ways of packaging our offerings to better serve client needs
- Take a technical and consultative approach to investigating clients’ needs and uncovering new opportunities
- Communicate and coordinate internationally with clients stakeholders, fellows in Africa, and leadership in NYC
Requirements (what makes you a great fit for this role):
- You have at 5+ years of experience selling technical solutions with a proven performance record
- You have demonstrated experience closing enterprise-level partnerships and complex long-term engagements
- You understand the technical needs of your stakeholders and have a proficient understanding of modern software development best practices, environments and team structures; You don’t need to know how to code, but you do need to know how to speak to the technical side of making digital products
- You’ve had plenty of hits and misses--and can clearly discuss the lessons learned from those misses
- You are not afraid to build your business from scratch, and have successfully built a book of business for an enterprise sales cycle longer than 30 days
- You have a passion for high growth, both from industry and personal / professional perspectives
- You organize your time to hit the biggest milestones
- Experience working with a lead-generating marketing team is a plus
- Startup experience is a plus
Back to top