Technical Account Manager
Called “the startup that’s harder to get into than Harvard” by CNN, Andela is a mission with a business. We are developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and some of the highest youth unemployment in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class fellows, and connect them with employers around the world looking for top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common. We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class fellows in the next 10 years. Read more about why Forbes magazine named us one of the 10 most important social impact companies today.
About the Technical Account Manager
As a Technical Account Manager you will be responsible for the Technical Account Management of a portfolio of clients. Key performance indicators that you will be measured on include:
- Contribution on achieving financial client targets including increase in # of Fellows at client
- Knowledge of and relationship with clients
- Client satisfaction
This role is a largely client-facing role which requires you to work on both strategic long term and short term plans and delivery quality. You will need to build strong relationships with clients on various levels as well as acquire thorough knowledge about their business. You will also need to ensure client satisfaction with the Fellows assigned to their accounts by working with the Fellows to provide technical and delivery guidance.
Key responsibilities of this role:
- Manage a portfolio of clients
- Build strong and positive relationships with clients at various levels
- Build and document knowledge about the clients business and technical setup
- Ensure client’s concerns are resolved in a fast and professional manner
- Provide feedback and any important client information to Success team
- Identify any training/knowledge needs for clients and colleagues
- Actively seek opportunities where Andela can provide additional support for client
- Provide weekly status reports to client and senior management on the status of engagements
- Provide technical direction and guidance to the Fellows assigned to the project.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the Fellows on how to update status, propose a coding approach to a user story, respond to code review comments and generally interact with clients.
- Educate clients on best practices for working with remote developers and update the client onboarding and fellow onboarding handbooks with those best practices.
- Make recommendations for improving training program based on interactions with the Fellows
- Passion for our mission
- 5+ years of proven prior technical / project Management experience managing multiple/simultaneous IT projects with offshore resources
- Experience managing Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions that meet customer expectations for timeliness and quality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate across third parties and technical and business product managers
- Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, advocating for simplification, and influencing teams
- Strong experience with remote offsite development
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working for multiple clients and as part of an inter-departmental team in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in a pre-sales or sales role preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Back to top