Talent Sourcing & Hiring Manager
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen.
- Collecting and updating all hiring requirements from all hiring managers for positions to be filled within the country.
- Creating, in tandem with the hiring managers, suitable job descriptions for use in the hiring process
- Collating all other necessary information from hiring managers necessary for the successful hiring of potential candidates.
- Setting out hiring timelines for each position they are required to hire for and keeping within the set timelines
- Sourcing for candidates via the most appropriate channels
- Screening of potential candidates
- Scheduling of Interviews of Candidates
- Participation in Candidate Interviews
- Feedback of results to candidates
- Lead background checks on candidates
- Lead Contract Negotiations
- Prepare and disburse hiring contracts
- Hand over of successful candidates to People & Culture department after contract signing.
- Notify hiring managers of progress at each stage of the hiring process, as well as regular updates
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the reporting manager.
- Show a marked reduction in the overall ‘Time to Hire’ (TTH) metrics in the first 6 months.
- Lead in the creation and adoption of hiring protocols in the Country.
- Create guidelines for non-resident hiring managers to help them in decision making around hiring decisions locally.
- Create a system and process for internal publication of career opportunities that open up, and help in identifying potential internal matches for these opportunities early on in the process.
- Managing relationships, deliverables and accounts of any hiring vendors Andela may chose to employ
- Working towards strategic positioning of the brand that can show positive ROI in the hiring process.
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top