Talent Outreach Associate
Talent Outreach Associate
About the role
Andela is seeking an in-house recruiter to take on the full recruiting life-cycle for all roles across the US team. This role is ideal for someone with a sales or biz-dev background, excited about building personal relationships with candidates through digital means. This role will work closely with Hiring Managers in the NYC office, as well as other key stakeholders in the Talent org across Africa. While recruiting experience is not required, we are looking for someone who understands how to build a pipeline through online sourcing tools, and understands how to quickly engage, sell, and progress candidates in the recruitment process. You must be highly organized and capable of prioritizing work with little guidance.
Andela is a global engineering organization that connects leading technology companies and talented software developers from around the world. We enable companies to build high-performing engineering teams while providing a platform for talented technologists to accelerate their expertise. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders.
- Source top talent online and in-person to build a funnel of qualified candidates for a quickly scaling and dynamic global team
- Design and maintain systems that guarantee punctual and delightful evaluation processes for our candidates
- Coordinate and communicate with internal stakeholders to guarantee headcount is filled on time, and through the most equitable and objective process possible
- Comply with and bolster data analysis systems to improve performance tracking once hired
Key traits of the candidate include:
- You are biased towards action. You take action first, and then keep testing to take new actions.
- You drive results in a big way and can get things done. You are self-driven and have great follow-through
- You are great at researching candidates and their previous employers online, and have a very strong interest in talent acquisition and personal career trajectories.
- You have a working knowledge of the US’ competitive landscape, as well as the networks to penetrate the talent market to find the most brilliant young people.
- You are a heroine/hero at liaising with and maintaining relationships, with a mind for client satisfaction.
- You plan and set targets effectively. You have a knack for developing, coordinating and implementing the calendars of activities to ensure that targets are hit in a timely and effective manner.
- Excellent knowledge and passion about Andela’s mission and vision. Able to convincingly sell Andela’s opportunity to prospective fellows.
- Outgoing personality and a high comfort level speaking with and selling others
- Understanding of how to best use different technology to reach prospective applicants.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, as well as good listening skills
- Are a self-starter who can accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with the technology sector a plus
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top