Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen
About the Systems Architect role
The Systems Architect is the seer. They look at existing software systems, point out the inefficiencies that exist in those systems, and offer recommendations on how to improve those systems holistically. They look at problems, dream up solutions, and map out different technology components that can be built and connected together to solve those problems efficiently for scale and performance.
This individual knows what makes a reliable, and scalable software system. They consistently exceed the standards of everyone around you, but you rarely exceed their own standards.
They love to look at software systems holistically, dissecting them into small components, while exploring which permutations offer the most reliability and scalability. They also love to convert user requirements into architectural recommendations designed for scale and reliability.
They are passionate about sharing this expertise of theirs with others, and are committed to facilitating environments that enable learners to succeed.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Manage the architecture of Learning products, keeping us in line or above the line of global industry standards
- Mentors and guides apprentices on the best practices for architecting software systems
- Build a group of global thought leaders in software systems architecture
Qualifications and Characteristics:
You’re a good fit for this role if you:
- successfully worked as a software architect. As an engineer you’ve worked on software products in each phase of the software development lifecycle.
- (with and without a team) have generated architectural artefacts that describe how pieces of software should be built by engineering teams.
- understand that for the future of technology to be written in Africa, Africa needs software products that can stand the test of time while supporting Africa’s incredible projected population growth
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top