Software Development Learning Facilitator
Type: Full Time
Experience: Junior-Mid Level
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Software Development Learning Facilitator
The Software Development Learning Facilitator is charged with helping the next generation of African technology leaders gain the skills to be globally employable software developers.
The specific responsibilities of the Software Development Learning Facilitator will include:
- Mentoring aspiring software developers
- Running simulated software development team sprints
- Delivering actionable feedback and watch people improve based on your input
- Tracking and measuring skill development using Andela’s unique learning systems
- Continuously levelling up your own skills and grow with the organization
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Professional Software Development (ex: Web development in JS, Python, Ruby, etc. or Mobile Development in Android or iOS)
- Instructional Design in Computer Programming or Software
- Relational/Business/People Skills Training
- Mentorship or Coaching in Software Engineering/Development
- EPIC Values alignment
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
- The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
- Be a self-starter who can accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top