Software Development Learning Facilitator
Type: Full Time
Experience: Junior-Mid Level
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen
About the Software Development Learning Facilitator
The Software Development Learning Facilitator is charged with helping the next generation of African technology leaders gain the skills to be globally employable software developers.
The specific responsibilities of the Software Development Learning Facilitator will include:
- Mentoring aspiring software developers
- Running simulated software development team sprints
- Delivering actionable feedback and watch people improve based on your input
- Tracking and measuring skill development using Andela’s unique learning systems
- Continuously levelling up your own skills and grow with the organization
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Professional Software Development (ex: Web development in JS, Python, Ruby, etc. or Mobile Development in Android or iOS)
- Instructional Design in Computer Programming or Software
- Relational/Business/People Skills Training
- Mentorship or Coaching in Software Engineering/Development
- EPIC Values alignment
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
- The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
- Be a self-starter who can accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the plane
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, the most comprehensive developer training program. Andela vets, trains, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their ideas with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top