Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in Austin, NYC, SF, Lagos, Kampala, Kigali, and Nairobi, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
As a Sales Engineer - you will be responsible for supporting the creation of new business for prospective and current Andela partners by working closely with the Andela Sales and Partner Experience teams and ensuring a close match between Partner needs and Andela developers’ capabilities.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Qualifying potential Andela Partners and assessing current Andela Partners based on their business, technical, cultural, and resource requirements
- Gathering, mapping, documenting, and communicating partner requirements to our Success Department to help assign the best qualified Andela developer(s) to solve our prospective and current Partners’ most business needs
- Assess prospects’ application and technology infrastructure to gain familiarity with company’s software development life cycle and release management
- Verify org design, level of experience with distributed teams, and gain comprehension of engineering culture from CTO, VP Engineering and software managers
- Understand prospects’ needs and be able to effectively communicate best solution that fits those needs, including level-setting expectations
- Translate business and functional requirements from prospects into documented technical specifications for the Success team, who is in charge of staffing new partners with the appropriate developers
- Collect information for how prospect would be monitoring and measuring the success of the solutions
- Collaborate with Success in evaluating Fellow fit
- Collaborate with the Account Executive and Partner Experience teams to present solutions in Proposal calls
- Collaborate with Partner Experience and Technical Success Managers in up-sell opportunities by helping to design solutions that meet partner and Andela requirements
- Deep awareness of trends in software development and best practices in distributed work
- Help to develop best practices for adopting distributed/remote teams
- B.S. or comparable training in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Engineering, MIS and/or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience as a client-facing solution/sales engineer, ideally interacting with mid- to senior-level technology executives
- Experience with an open-source web framework (e.g. Ruby/ Rails, Python/ Django) and solid understanding of the MVC design pattern
- Proficiency in Integration, Security and Architecture concepts and patterns
- Deep understanding of software development processes, testing methodologies, and deployment processes.
- Demonstrated ownership of technical and/or design requirements gathering.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, and act tactically, about business, product, and technical challenges
- Demonstrated ability to quickly assimilate and assess information about technology architectures and business models, and providing optimal solutions to address stakeholder needs.
- Broad technology experience and familiarity including, but not limited to: cloud computing, applications design/development/hosting, DevOps, IoT, databases, analytics, machine learning, algorithms, networking, security, storage, continuous integration and deployment, APIs, micro-services, containerization, and site reliability engineer
Back to top