Sales Development Representative
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders.
Learn more about us at www.andela.com.
About the Role:
We are seeking a driven, ambitious, and passionate Sales Development Representative to find opportunities for Andela Fellows to work with the best software companies in the world, from startup to enterprise level. You will be responsible for outbound prospecting and recruiting new prospective clients into conversations with Client Executives.
High-level view of who you are:
- Your strong drive to make the world more equitable energizes you to push forward, even when the challenge is great.
- You have an entrepreneurial instinct; you are analytical, a problem solver, and are always looking to maximize efficiencies. You love using data to support your hypotheses.
- You are good with people. You pick up on social cues, learn from others, and are always looking for feedback and ways to improve.
In this job you will:
- Develop new business opportunities through tactical outbound sourcing and qualifying.
- Identify decision-makers and strategically build up a pipeline of qualified leads.
- Engage tech executives at the nation's leading companies who are seeking engineering talent.
- Use industry-leading tools to analyze company data and determine prospect profiles.
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing teams to develop targeted lists and messaging to drive sales qualified opportunities.
- Execute targeted outbound prospecting campaigns alongside our Client Executives to assist them in closing more opportunities.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of activity through our CRM.
- Actively participate in weekly trainings to gain an understanding of sales fundamentals: you want to be a great ambassador for Andela and positively engage decision-makers during initial sales conversations.
- Communicate and coordinate internationally with client stakeholders, Andela Fellows in Africa, and our growing teams in the US.
Requirements (what makes you a great fit for this role):
- Excellent communication skills: you will need to engage through text, so strong writing skills are essential.
- Highly organized, process-driven, and sharp attention to detail.
- Can demonstrate your passion for diversity in technology or a personal desire to change the world.
- Being a good person; we have a “no jerk” policy at Andela.
- Start-up and tech sales experience is a plus.
Back to top