Sales Development Representative
Marc Andresson, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
- Prospect and engage engineering leaders in a high-activity, high-energy environment
- Build and manage your pipeline leveraging our outbound sales software, including Salesforce.com, setting aggressive goals and achieving them
- Provide smooth and value-add transitions into longer conversations with our Account Executives
- Develop top performer sales skills with our ongoing trainings
- Thrive with the support of your teammates in weekly meetings and fun team contests
- Earn additional prizes by working hard and having fun!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Persistence and ability to focus on the task at hand
- The ability to triage competing priorities
- Track record of over-achieving goals, in the classroom, playing field, or business
- 0-2 years of work experience, start-up or trained sales experience a plus
- A strong desire to grow your career in sales
- Live Andela’s EPIC Values… we have a strict “no-jerk” policy!
Back to top