Type: Full Time
Experience: Mid-to-Senior Level
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers and connect them with employers around the world seeking top technical talent. Andela Fellows are software developers that participate in a technical leadership program and work with global tech companies. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit and determination to improve the status quo are only a few of the many resources the remarkable Andela team brings with them.
We are seeking a creative, passionate, and experienced Recruitment Manager to lead the process of sourcing, screening, and selecting the most impressive and suitable individuals from across West Africa to be considered for the Andela Fellowship.
Your strong drive build, manage, and grow a world-class technical leadership recruiting team combined with a desire to make the world more equitable fuels your commitment and follow-through in everything you do. Your ingenuity helps you identify ways to attract, identify, and select the individuals that have the highest potential to become successful Andela Fellows, and world-class technologists. You’ve managed teams and developed rigorous and systematic techniques for drafting, testing, and improving sourcing and selection in unique environments. You are excited by the idea of growing Andela’s applicant base from 40,000 to 1,000,000 and creating a best-in-class engineering recruitment program across both online and offline channels.
About the Fellow Recruitment Manager
The Fellow Recruitment Manager is responsible for leading one of Andela’s most core functions: attracting, evaluating and selecting prospective world-class technologists that are the strongest fit for the Andela Fellowship.
Success in this role will mean that Andela can identify, attract, select, and retain increasingly talented and increasingly effective Fellows in each cycle and point to the systems, processes, and data that explain the rationale behind the improved decision making. The Fellow Recruitment Manager will lead Andela Lagos in inventing and implementing world-class sourcing and selection policies that drive the organization’s core performance indicators.
The specific responsibilities of the Fellow Recruitment Manager, Andela Lagos includes:
- Setting regional recruitment team’s objectives, priorities, and resources to align with organizational objectives.
- Developing and monitoring metrics for measuring process implementation and recruiting effectiveness.
- Developing, reviewing and implementing creative recruiting strategies to reach prospective applicants.
- Liaising and maintaining relationships with recruitment channel partners and vendors including developing partnership agreements and monitoring performance of these channels.
- Developing, coordinating and implementing the calendar of fellow recruitment activities to ensure it is done in a timely and effective manner.
- Strong leadership and management of the Lagos Recruitment Team
- Ensuring implementation of systems for responding to enquiries from prospective fellows knowledgeably and professionally.
- Building and integrating effective candidate referrals systems.
- Overseeing and ensuring strong management of all stages of the fellow recruitment process, including candidate screening and selection.
- Developing candidate evaluation systems that help to judge the presence, absence or efficacy of such qualification and qualities in prospective fellows.
- Ensuring flawless records keeping across all stages of the recruitment process
- Managing marketing and recruitment budgets to ensure that expenditure maximizes return on investment.
- Liaising and working effectively with contacts across all departments and at all levels within and outside Andela, to ensure a collaborative approach to recruitment.
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidates for this role you:
- Deep understanding of how to leverage technology and build scalable systems to reach prospective applicants
- Have outstanding written and spoken communication skills as well as good listening skills.
- Are a self-starter who can accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Have a high standard for the quality of products and processes
- Have a high level of attention to detail and organization
- Have strong leadership and management skills
- Are effective at prioritization
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, And a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Back to top