Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen
About the Project Manager role
The Project Manager is an operational powerhouse, and resource allocation maestro that guides us to deliberately execute and deliver on our product roadmaps.
This individual is a machine; process-driven, data-driven, and results oriented. They consistently exceed the standards of everyone around them, but rarely exceed their own standards.
They are passionate about “servant leadership.” They believe that they do the dirty organizational work so that the team can focus on what they do best: execution.
Every rocket ship needs an engine. The right person for this role desires to build the engines that enable the rocket ships of human transformation to take off and land smoothly.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Keep track of all resources (human and non-human) available for deployment within Learning product teams
- Efficiently deploy all resources to yield optimal product and learning velocity of Learning product teams
- Guides learning product teams to stay on track using the best project management practices and tools for software development
- Mentors and guides apprentices on the best practices for effective project management
Qualifications and Characteristics:
You’re a good fit for this role if you:
- successfully worked as a project manager. You’ve actuated teams operationally to materialize the goals of projects on time while maintaining quality.
- (with and without a team) have created workflow and resource allocation systems designed for maximum throughput for projects.
- believe that the future is what we make it to be. So you seek opportunities to define future states of progress and rally teams to execute towards materializing those future states.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top