Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Program Manager role
The Program Manager is an operational powerhouse that sets up and manages structures and process to keep the lights on in our learning programs.
This individual is always looking at business units through the lens of scale and measurement towards goals and objectives. They consistently exceed the standards of everyone around them, but you rarely exceed their own standards.
They desire to manage teams around a business unit while offering their team members impact coaching to accelerate their learning and growth.
They want to change the world for the better. They believe that you are better at doing this when their work is also an investment in others. They have strong beliefs about what “better” really looks like. They’re dedicated to making their work a manifestation of all these beliefs.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Set up and manage the roadmap for learning programs
- Manages processes for experimentation, issues, and change management for the programs
- Measures and reports on the business, operational, and information flow health of learning programs
- Manages teams of Learning Facilitators through business KPIs and impact coaching
Qualifications and Characteristics:
You’re a good fit for this role if you:
- have successfully worked as a project manager, people manager, or program manager. In your past experiences, you’ve rallied teams inspirationally and operationally towards achieving team goals.
- (with and without a team) have created roadmaps and progress trackers for goals and objectives in your former teams using the latest tools and methodologies.
- believe that the future is what we make it to be. So you seek opportunities to define future states of progress and rally teams to execute towards materializing those future states.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top