Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen
About the Program Manager role
The Program Manager is an operational powerhouse that sets up and manages structures and process to keep the lights on in our learning programs.
This individual is always looking at business units through the lens of scale and measurement towards goals and objectives. They consistently exceed the standards of everyone around them, but you rarely exceed their own standards.
They desire to manage teams around a business unit while offering their team members impact coaching to accelerate their learning and growth.
They want to change the world for the better. They believe that you are better at doing this when their work is also an investment in others. They have strong beliefs about what “better” really looks like. They’re dedicated to making their work a manifestation of all these beliefs.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Set up and manage the roadmap for learning programs
- Manages processes for experimentation, issues, and change management for the programs
- Measures and reports on the business, operational, and information flow health of learning programs
- Manages teams of Learning Facilitators through business KPIs and impact coaching
Qualifications and Characteristics:
You’re a good fit for this role if you:
- have successfully worked as a project manager, people manager, or program manager. In your past experiences, you’ve rallied teams inspirationally and operationally towards achieving team goals.
- (with and without a team) have created roadmaps and progress trackers for goals and objectives in your former teams using the latest tools and methodologies.
- believe that the future is what we make it to be. So you seek opportunities to define future states of progress and rally teams to execute towards materializing those future states.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top