Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Austin, Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala, and Kigali, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
Product Manager, People Products
How do you take human capital and turn it into a product life cycle? As Product Manager, People at Andela, this will be your mission.
You will help be the translator between supply and demand. You will sit at the intersection of supply (i.e. our developers) and demand (i.e. our Partners) who need talented developers trained on specific stacks to support their demanding product development needs. You will be part of a team that determines what we sell and ensure that there is product-market fit to effectively produce (i.e. match market demand with skills and training needed by our fellows). If successful, your will work to advance Andela’s overall mission of proving that brilliance is evenly distributed.
This role requires a product management background, an entrepreneurial mindset, a deep understanding of a technical product lifecycle management, and an ability to think about product lifecycle through the lens of developing human capital.
More specifically, you will help define product strategy and refine our value proposition and offerings to the tech community and developer ecosystem. You will work cross functionally in collaboration with Talent Development, Partnerships, Success, Sales, and Marketing to both empower our developers and improve product-market fit of our unique technical staffing solutions.
Ideally, you will have a software development background who has transitioned into a product management function at a SaaS company or consulting firm. You should be comfortable with a distributed team, rapid growth, being creative with resources, and possessing a keen focus on execution (i.e. getting things done) in a disruptive space.
- Develop and execute on a learning roadmap that determines the specific skills, programming languages, and software stacks our Developers should know, working alongside our Talent Development Department.
- Working with Sales and Marketing, help craft an offering roadmap that identifies what types of “product” offerings we put into the market (i.e. supported dev environments, new roles to offer customers, etc.)
- Drive Developer certification definition via the Andela specific software Dev Framework that standardizes the job levels and ratings for each developer offered into the market.
- Create requirements to drive staffing and inventory technology to better enable Andela to put resources on Partner engagements. Using data, build processes to guide staffing strategy.
- Define a standard taxonomy for how Andela describes Developers skills in order to match with Partner demands.
- Define, analyze and oversee key metrics to drive constant improvement in our business
- 5 years of Product Management experience at a scaling tech start-up
- Experience balancing competing interests of senior stakeholders within your team
- Proven ability to use data to drive product strategy and iterative product prototypes
- Experience in software engineering, offshoring, and/or consulting/staffing
- Experience with training staff and learning methodologies preferred
- Software engineering background preferred
Back to top