Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen
About the Product Manager role
The Product Manager is an expert practitioner in Product Manager that the rest of our organization looks up to for thought leadership in product management.
This individual knows what makes a product loved by its users. They consistently exceed the standards of everyone around them, but you rarely exceed their own standards.
They love products. They lead with curiosity about their users’ needs. They always seek to improve the lives of your users based on information they gather from them.
The Product Manager is seeking to build global technology leaders through building transformative products that allow for seamless yet meaningful interactions between humans and machines.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Own and manage the product roadmaps for Learning products
- Transfer product management expertise to a growing group of apprentices
- Actively contribute to the product manager curriculum
Qualifications and Characteristics:
You’re a good fit for this role if you:
- worked as a product leader in a variety of environments including software development.
- (with and without a team) have built products that meet the needs of your users using the latest practices and tools.
- desire to build transformative products that create opportunities for humans and machines to interact in ways that we have never seen before for the advancement of humanity.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top