People & Culture Coordinator
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
Andela is seeking a People and Culture Coordinator to work with the People and Culture team to build our organizational capacity and ensure we are creating an environment in which our staff can realize their full potential. To be successful in this role, the right candidate will bring extensive knowledge and experience in providing People generalist support across all functional areas, including, employee relations, benefits administration, performance management, compensation, HRIS, and training.
- Work with the People and Culture team to develop People systems in assigned functional areas, e.g. On-boarding, Program, Benefits Program, etc.
- Co-assist and co-own with production of deliverables for People strategy development and initiatives.
- Work with the People and Culture team for development of systems approach to support various People programs.
- Work with the People and Culture team to ensure day-to-day operations of People-related functions are addressed in a timely, efficient, and proactive manner.
- Provide regular briefings to the People and Culture team on benefit matters
- Maintain a thorough awareness of developments in labor laws and legislations and advise management accordingly.
- Assist in developing job descriptions and maintaining all job descriptions of staff.
- Ensure conformity with recruitment requirements and compliance with the rules and regulations.
- Provide specialist employee relations advice and guidance with particular respect to disciplinary, grievance and absence, to ensure acceptable levels of individual employee performance.
- Assist in coordinating and/or conducting training workshops
- 2-4 years experience in an HR Administrative function; BS/BA degree preferred
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information.
- Working knowledge of in-country employment regulations, e.g. US labor/employee relations statutes and capacity to apply them.
- Ability to intervene with all levels of staff, partners and contractors, individuals from diverse cultures, and the public with diplomacy and firmness.
- Strong knowledge in salary structure and development, benefits and compensation, surveys/benchmarking and job evaluation systems.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Objectivity and the ability to apply People rules and regulations in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top