Type: Full Time
Location: Uganda & Ghana
Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers, and connect them with employers around the world looking for top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to make it happen
About the Operations Ninja:
You are prepared to do every necessary task to help start up a new center from taking out the garbage to meeting Heads of State. No task is too big or too small. You are eager for the challenge of helping to create and integrate Andela centers of excellence into one world-class institution operating across Africa.
Considering Andela’s mission, it is essential that the resources and environment that foster the building of world-class developers are managed by a dedicated person who is ready to roll up his/her sleeves and get into the work, putting in long (and smart) hours where necessary and providing support for other units of the organization.
The operations ninja, who reports to the Country Director is the jill or jack of all trades and the go-to person who operates well in ambiguity. S/he uses good judgment, discretion and a healthy attitude to ensure that the office is run efficiently.
Your primary purpose is to take responsibility for the day to day running of Andela office(s), leading daily operations to guarantee the best working environment for Andela in Kenya
In ensuring that Andela’s offices and operations are well managed, the responsibilities of the Operation Ninja include but are not limited to:
- Transforming information into systems that increase the efficiency of daily office operations
- Onboarding new employees (ID cards, Healthcare registration, Bank account registration)
- Assigning and monitoring clerical functions where necessary
- Weekly budget planning
- Setting up payments for vendors.
- Designing and implementing office policies by establishing standards and procedures
- Keeping senior management appropriately informed by generating reports, identifying trends and summarizing information.
- Assisting in achieving financial objectives by assisting in preparing budgets and managing expenditures.
- Administrative tasks such as inputting data and maintaining company database.
- Managing of inventory and procurement of company equipment.
- Event support: events planning, liaising with vendors and service providers for company events.
- Coordinating itineraries, welfare, passports and necessary travel documents for Andela
- Assisting in the development of relevant playbooks by providing necessary information.
- Managing and/or coordinating the activities of interns and associates.
- Leading the interview and recruitment of clerical staff.
- Supervising of the administrative and support staff.
Qualifications & Characteristics As the ideal candidates for this role you are:
- Detail-oriented and exemplify the excellence Andela seeks to be known for.
- Interested in people and have a willingness to help people overcome their logistics problems that might deter their effectiveness in their roles.
- An amiable personality and comfortable interacting with people. You show a potential for leadership and are comfortable in taking initiatives in line with the company’s goals.
- You are resourceful and comfortable in dealing with vendors to ensure that the company gets the best value for services demanded.
- Diplomatic and comfortable with settling disputes and/or escalating such issues with the leadership of the company.
- Willing to serve as a first responder on issues relating to staff welfare and comfort.
- Have good written and spoken communication skills as well as good listening skills. S/he enjoys communicating with young people between the ages of 21 and 30.
- Should have a confident personality.
- Be willing to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Should have a strong work ethic and a willingness to support other units as occasion demands.
- Should be able to multi-task comfortably.
- Should have the ability to analyze information and use this to observe trends that might be useful in creating policies and systems.
- Exercise discretion in handling and disseminating information.
- Should be a trustworthy person who exercises utmost diligence in handling financial transactions.
- Have a good knowledge MS Office package, Google Apps, Dropbox and other office coordination tools.
- Have at least a Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years of work experience.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, And a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top