Type: Full Time
Experience: Junior-Mid Level
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen.
About the role:
The Operations Associate is a service-oriented person who will support the Operations Manager and take responsibility for the day to day running of the Andela Lagos office. The ideal candidate for this role is comfortable with working at unsociable hours where necessary, multitasking and adaptable to a fast paced organisation. He/she is passionate about Andela’s mission and technology and would be required to leverage on his/her existing network in providing service to Andela.
The position is full-time based in Lagos, Nigeria.
Key Attributes of the role include:
- Clear bias for problem solving, data analysis and creating insights from data. You will be expected to clearly define the problem, evaluate multiple paths to solution and select best option.
- You are comfortable with leading multiple stakeholders (internal and external) and you take ownership of deliverables.
- Team player with keen and demonstrated interest in mentorship and coaching of junior team members.
- You have superior organizational skills, integrity and excellence-oriented mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with ability to simplify complex information
- Liaise with other departments to successfully complete tasks and projects
- Superb information organisation and management in an easily-located and reusable manner.
Roles & Responsibilities
Operations and Logistics
- General administrative support to Operations leadership as might be required.
- Collaborate with events team to plan Andela events.
- Mentorship and coaching of Office/Administrative assistant and operations interns.
- Other tasks as may be assigned be Operations manager or Director of Operations.
- Take ownership of Office management apps and on-board other team members to selected office management platform.
- Plan and assign workspace to Andela employees based on needs.
- Keep an accurate track of workspace utilization and use same to advise real estate team on workspace needs.
- Ensure that meeting spaces are used efficiently and effectively
- Ensure workspaces have adequate resources: chairs, desks, power connections, monitors, ethernet ports
Procurement and Vendor Management
- Take ownership of procurement process and ensure that standards are met
- Manage database of vendors with relevant information and update as necessary.
- Set SLAs for vendors and ensure that contractual terms are followed.
- Support issue of LPO from Finance
- Timely procurement of items ensuring best value for money.
- Track office supplies and trigger restock when minimum re-order level is approached.
Data handling and reporting
- Maintain accurate record of purchases and analyse same to provide insight into financial operations as might be required.
- Prepare weekly expenditure reports for Office Management unit and take ownership of monthly budget vs actuals
- Support Operations manager in budgeting.
- Run surveys for Operations department and distill information from these surveys for decision making.
- Curate information for weekly and monthly meetings for the Operations department.
- Drive automation of processes, support documentation of existing processes and creation of new processes where gaps are identified
Requirements (what makes you a great fit for this role):
- 2-4 years experience in operations and/or logistics in a fast paced company
- Proficiency with business apps such as Google Apps, Dropbox
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Knowledge of procurement processes
- Attention to details, willingness to learn, strong work ethic
- Critical thinker and problem solver adept at planning and organizing
- Self-starter with a proven ability to multitask and prioritize
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top