Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen
About the Onboarding Facilitator role
The Onboarding Facilitator is a bundle of energy, emotional intelligence, and cultural sensitivity. They are responsible for building and executing an immersive onboarding experience of Andela’s mission, culture, and values for new Andelans as they join us on our journey to global transformation.
This individual just cannot contain their desire for the world to be a better place through human transformation. They continuously seek ways to encourage people to own their transformation for the good of the world.
They speak with passion and detail, they listen with focus and empathy. They have a knack for enabling others to see the value in being part of something bigger.
They are exceptional at professional writing and public speaking. They consistently exceed the standards of everyone around you, but you rarely exceed your own standards.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Facilitate the Month 1 onboarding experience for new Andelans
- Run daily mentally and spiritually stimulating activities for new Andelans to find their sense of purpose within Andelan
- Be vocal and behavioral proponents of the Andela values
- Foster an environment where new Andelans can safely make a lasting transition from local cultures and beliefs to Andela cultures and beliefs
Qualifications and Characteristics:
You’re a good fit for this role if you:
- successfully worked in a cultural onboarding capacity or as an improv teacher/instructor/facilitator, receiving multiple recognitions for your team work, and your continuous demonstrations of leadership.
- (with and without a team) have built onboarding and team building materials along with data tracking tools.
- seek to build an Africa where excellence, passion, integrity, and collaboration are the norm
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top