Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Onboarding Facilitator role
The Onboarding Facilitator is a bundle of energy, emotional intelligence, and cultural sensitivity. They are responsible for building and executing an immersive onboarding experience of Andela’s mission, culture, and values for new Andelans as they join us on our journey to global transformation.
This individual just cannot contain their desire for the world to be a better place through human transformation. They continuously seek ways to encourage people to own their transformation for the good of the world.
They speak with passion and detail, they listen with focus and empathy. They have a knack for enabling others to see the value in being part of something bigger.
They are exceptional at professional writing and public speaking. They consistently exceed the standards of everyone around you, but you rarely exceed your own standards.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Facilitate the Month 1 onboarding experience for new Andelans
- Run daily mentally and spiritually stimulating activities for new Andelans to find their sense of purpose within Andelan
- Be vocal and behavioral proponents of the Andela values
- Foster an environment where new Andelans can safely make a lasting transition from local cultures and beliefs to Andela cultures and beliefs
Qualifications and Characteristics:
You’re a good fit for this role if you:
- successfully worked in a cultural onboarding capacity or as an improv teacher/instructor/facilitator, receiving multiple recognitions for your team work, and your continuous demonstrations of leadership.
- (with and without a team) have built onboarding and team building materials along with data tracking tools.
- seek to build an Africa where excellence, passion, integrity, and collaboration are the norm
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top