Mid-Market Account Executive
Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peek behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and the businesses that will power tomorrow’s economy. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
Learn more about us at www.andela.com.
Andela is looking for a Mid-Market Account Executive to join this newly established team! As a key member of our sales organization, you’ll play an invaluable role in Andela’s growth strategy. You’ll be an individual contributor focusing solely on new business, selling to prospects and managing qualified leads generated by our sales development organization. You’ll also leverage your own prospecting skills to bolster your pipeline, all the while contributing to best practices that support the success of your greater team.
Who you are:
- Confident: You’re a natural at conveying value, and you know how to stand your ground.
- Dedicated: You love to sell, and you have the track record that shows you’re good at it.
- Persuasive: You’re an expert at navigating difficult conversations and getting your customers on board.
- Adaptable: You’re positive in the face of adversity and love the challenge of an ever-changing environment.
- Results-oriented: You have a bias for action and don't give up easily.
What you’ll do:
- Be an impactful player on a quickly evolving sales team at a mission driven startup
- Drive an effective sales process to hit your quarterly goals
- Actively prospect to supplement the lead flow provided by a dedicated team of Sales Development Representatives
- Help define the GTM strategy and best practices for the newly created Mid-Market team
You should have:
- 5+ years selling consultative solutions and/or professional services
- A track record of hitting and exceeding quota
- A robust sales methodology that you continually improve
- Experience with strategic prospecting
- Plenty of hits and misses--and can clearly discuss lessons learned from those misses
- Experience selling to CTO’s or in the technology landscape, a plus
- Proficiency with Salesforce, a plus
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your cover letter
- Startup experience a plus
Work on a dynamic, growing team
Join at the start of an exciting venture
Full benefits and competitive salary commensurate with experience
Back to top