Marketing & Communication Manager
Andela is on a mission to empower the next generation of technology leaders across the globe, beginning in Nairobi, Kenya, Lagos, Nigeria and Kampala, Uganda. In the past two years, we have recruited over 300 developers, based in our Lagos, Nigeria, Nairobi, Kenya & Kampala, Uganda headquarters, who work as full-time engineers for leading technology companies including Google and Microsoft. We’ve contributed over 6,000 hours to 214 open source projects, participated in some of the world’s most competitive hackathons, and even helped educate Mark Zuckerberg himself on African technology ecosystems.
Andela Nairobi is seeking an experienced Marketing & Communication professional to broadcast our vision and achievements to the world. Based in Nairobi, the Marketing & Communications Manager will be responsible for shaping and executing on a multi-faceted marketing strategy that drives business growth, supporting marketing initiatives that recruit the most talented developers in Africa, and build Andela’s brand as an elite engineering organization.
In this job you will:
- Lead the Andela Nairobi Marketing & Communications team in planning and executing a number of strategic initiatives across PR, field marketing and digital marketing to bolster Andela’s presence in Nairobi
- Own all Nairobi press relationships, working closely with Nairobi leadership and the global Andela Marketing organization to secure high-quality media coverage
- Build a scalable marketing program across digital and in-person touchpoints, designed to significantly bolster the number of Fellowship applications
- Support the Nairobi Country Director in driving engagement among the Andela Fellows through a variety of employee communications initiatives
- Serve as the Nairobi liaison to the global Andela Marketing organization, ensuring all Nairobi marketing initiatives are aligned with the company’s core messaging and brand identity
Requirements (what makes you a great fit for this role):
- 5 years minimum experience in marketing/public relations, technology preferable
- Strong existing relationships with key business and technology press
- Excellent written & verbal communicator
- Creative and critical thinker with an ability to craft narratives
- Deep understanding of social media platforms
- Being a good person; we have a “no jerk” policy at Andela
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet.
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top