Marketing and Outreach Associate
Type: Full Time
Experience: Junior Level
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen.
About the Marketing and Outreach Associate Role
The purpose of this position is to plan, coordinate, and direct strategies and activities that optimize recruitment by attracting new applicants to Andela’s Fellowship Program. This is accomplished by providing essential information about Andela as it relates to recruitment.; making vital information available to partners and recruitment pipelines through recruitment content marketing and outreach.
This is a critical role at Andela as the success of our program depends on the quality of developers that we admit into the program. He/she would report to the Community Manager, Technical Talent and work with the Talent Operations Associate and Talent Sourcing Analyst to set the country recruitment team’s objectives, set priorities, and execute on a well laid out plan.
Key Attributes of the role include:
- You are biased towards action. You take action first, and improve on the actions for optimal results.
- You drive results in a big way and can get things done. You are self-driven and have great follow-through
- You have superior organizational skills, integrity and excellence-oriented mindset.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Resolving any arising problems and complaints
- Liaise with other departments to successfully complete tasks and projects
- Strategically plan and execute recruitment events and cycle
- You are very analytical, and can create insights from analyzing sets of data
- Work with Community Manager, Technical Talent to develop outreach and marketing plan to recruit new fellows in line with the organizational objectives.
- Assist implementing annual outreach and recruitment plan.
- Organizing or attending events that would drive the awareness of Andela’s programs.
- Attend relevant community meetings, conferences and round tables.
- Create and maintain Digital Talent Marketing Calendar; update as campaign elements shift and add new information as it becomes available
- Coordinate the creation of Talent digital content (e.g. website, blogs, press releases and podcasts)
- Monitor return on investment and key performance indicators of all digital channels
- Develop and implement direct marketing methods to increase successful application rates
- Stay up-to-date with digital media developments and research Social Media Recruiting trends to offer best practices on how to utilize social sites as candidate networking tools.
- Create and generate standard quarterly and year-end reports as well as ad-hoc reports to inform operational and workforce optimization decisions by managers and senior leadership
- Maintain up to date knowledge of recruiting trends and issues, labour laws and government regulations that have short and long term implications.
Qualifications and competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree is an added advantage.
- At least 1-2 years experience in a similar position.
- Knowledgeable of the tech ecosystem in Nigeria.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to connect with others and forge strong relationships.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to organize and maintain detailed records and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work under pressure meeting deadlines and changing priorities.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Willingness to travel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top