Team Lead, Software Engineering
Type: Full Time
Experience: Mid-Level Level
Location: Lagos, Nigeria ,
At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers and connect them with employers around the world seeking top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit and determination to improve the status quo are only a few of the many resources the remarkable Andela team brings with them.
With the youngest population in the world, Africa is the world’s greatest untapped source of spectacular talent. The four-year Andela Technology Leadership Program is the core mechanism by which we transform Andela fellows into passionate change agents able to drive current and future tech-enabled growth in Africa and around the world. Guiding and molding these elite young people to achieve their maximum potential is an essential aspect of both individual and organizational success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About the Team Lead, Software Engineering Position:
As a Team Lead, Software Engineering, you will primarily work as a Team Lead within the Technology & Learning department leading a team of developers building world-class internal products to support Andela’s business needs.
As the senior member of your team, you will take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects. You will work closely with the product management team to ensure we're building the best products that meet Andela users’ needs. You will take pride in building products that are key to helping Andela grow and scale as an organization. You will be responsible for managing the delivery of your work as well as any developers that work under you.
You’re the kind of person who:
- Believes that building great software is more than just delivering working code, that other aspects such as reusability, testability, maintainability, security, and performance are just as important.
- Are constantly learning and expanding your skillsets on and off the job.
- Can mentor entry-level developers willing to become world-class.
- Are a good person: driven by purpose, passion, thirst for knowledge, and the pursuit of a better world.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Ruby, Ruby on Rails
- Postgres, MongoDB, Redis
- Heroku, AWS, SQS, EC2
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- The ability to be located in Lagos, Nigeria or Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2-5 years of software development experience
- Experience leading a team of software engineers in an agile environment (daily standups, sprint planning, retrospectives, etc)
- TDD and pair programming experience
- Experience setting up and managing a continuous integration or a continuous delivery process
- Experience with service oriented architectures, distributed systems, and messaging queues.
- A Bachelor's or advanced degree Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
Back to top