Lead iOS Engineer
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common. We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen.
About the Role:
Do you have the potential, skills, and desire to become one of the top 10% Technology Leaders in the world?
At Andela, we believe that Technology Leaders are defined by their ability to model, capture, and transfer the mindset and best practices of their craft to any technology professional from entry level developers to senior software engineers.
In this role you will nurture that expertise by daily investing in the next generation of African technology leaders to gain the skills needed to be globally employable software developers.
- Drive teams of software developers (junior and senior) to rapidly develop great software products
- Inspire and Mentor aspiring Software Developers and Software Development Learning Facilitators
- Support the learning and professional development of dozens of Africa's most talented software developers every day
- Deliver actionable feedback and support multiple learners to grow significantly
- Drive creative solutions that improve the standard of our software products and learning programs
- Model Technical Leadership that other Facilitators can look up to and learn from
- Take ownership of our vision and help us innovate, grow, and thrive as a department and an organization
- Collaboratively and passionately deliver excellent work with integrity everyday
- Continuously level up your own skills and grow with the organization
- The ideal candidate for the role MUST have experience with the following:
- Minimum 4 years working experience (or equivalent experience with multiple professional software development product teams) in Mobile Development
- Cocoa Framework
- Experience with Agile Software Development Techniques and Tools
- SCRUM/Kanban/Extreme Programming
- Trello/Pivotal Tracker/Zenhub
- Version Control (Github/Bitbucket)
- Continuous Integration
- Leading teams to build and deploy Professional Software Products
- Relational/Business/People/Soft Skills experience
- EPIC Values alignment
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
- The ability to learn new things fast whilst delivering value on it simultaneously
- Other desirable skills that it would be nice for an ideal candidate to have experience in include:
- Software Development Instructional Design
- Curriculum design
- Program development
- Setup Workshops, Bootcamps, Developer Groups or Forums
- Mentorship or Coaching in Software Engineering
- Facilitated learning in a structured learning environment
- Mentored or coached upcoming developers in a structured or unstructured setting
- Spoke at Tech Forums or workshops
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top