IT Network Administrator
Type: Full Time
Experience: Entry Level
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
As Andela is increasingly reliant on technology for daily productivity, your role as the Network Administrator is crucial to business continuity and success.
You will be responsible for the core network infrastructure within the organisation, also providing remote support to other Andela locations where necessary, occasional travel might be required.
You will closely monitor the infrastructure constantly alerting where there are critical incidents and providing a roadmap on how the infrastructure will scale.
Working schedule would often go out of regular work hours (9am - 5pm)
On this Job you will
- Comply with and help to enforce Andela IT standards, policies and procedures.
- Collaborate on the design, implementation and upgrade of the IT infrastructure keeping organisational standards priority.
- Produce network infrastructure reports and address issues as appropriate.
- Implement network security at the location as established by policies and guidelines approved by the IT Steering committee.
- Responsible for the administration and maintenance of the company’s Network Infrastructure.
- Provide regular updates and report on utilisation and performance of network infrastructure.
- First line responder to all network related tickets.
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- You uphold professional integrity at all times.
- You have excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of network infrastructure.
- You have experience working with various types of firewalls.
- You have expertise in configuring network protocols to support network optimisations e.g OSPF, NAT, Access Lists etc
- You are able to secure networks by developing access, monitoring and control strategies and also maintaining up to date documentation.
- You have the ability to identify, isolate, analyse and resolve network related issues.
- At least 4 years experience with managing networks with at least 1 year core experience with infrastructure monitoring and management.
- Not required but an added advantage: any Networking related certification.
- An edge would be if you have working experience within an ISP environment.
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.
See Inside the Office of Andela
Global companies rely on great developers to launch their ideas into the world. But good talent can be hard to find—it takes energy, time, and money. Enter Andela, an elite engineering organization that scours the African continent for the top technical talent, and places them as full time employees with global technology companies. Andela vets, shapes, and supports only the best of the best so companies can trust their products with Andela-approved developers.
Back to top